Reservations sold out over a month out!

Mort439

Original Poster
Hi everyone, we are a family of 5 staying on Disney in October. I have tried to get reservations for all different restaurants but they are either sold out or have very late times (9pm or later). Do these places only take reservations? Can you try to walk in? We are at Disney for 10 days and just wanted to reserve a few places. Any suggestions? I thought over a month out I would be good but Nooooo...lol Thanks for the help..

Shane

Mort439

Original Poster
I know, I planned it over a year ago and never knew about the 50th! I am sooo mad! I just hope I can do walk ins or something..ughh

Namaari

Yes, definitely keep checking on a daily basis since people do cancel their reservations. Also, depending on the restaurants you want, 5 can also be a tricky number to get a res for in general.

Mort439

Original Poster
Yes, definitely keep checking on a daily basis since people do cancel their reservations. Also, depending on the restaurants you want, 5 can also be a tricky number to get a res for in general.
I know, darn kids! Lol..can you walk up or in these places and ask for a table? Or do they only take reservations? I saw a walk up list on the Disney app..no idea what that is.

MickeyCB

Pick a few that you really would like to go to, and get on the app/or computer multiple times a day looking for openings.
Also Touring Plans reservation finder is the absolute best.
And last, every day there check the day before because people will cancel so they don't get hit with the no show fee. Sometimes people will hold 2 reservations at similar times or just simply change their plans.
Have a great time!

Mort439

Original Poster
Pick a few that you really would like to go to, and get on the app/or computer multiple times a day looking for openings.
Also Touring Plans reservation finder is the absolute best.
And last, every day there check the day before because people will cancel so they don't get hit with the no show fee. Sometimes people will hold 2 reservations at similar times or just simply change their plans.
Have a great time!
Thank you!!! I will do as you suggest and hope I can get a break. Thanks again for all the info. I love this site :)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I know, darn kids! Lol..can you walk up or in these places and ask for a table? Or do they only take reservations? I saw a walk up list on the Disney app..no idea what that is.
The walk up list is just what it says except you don't physically walk up. You choose now for your time and you will get a notification when they have a table for you. You have to be close to the TS you want as it will GPS your location.

Namaari

A lot of places will only take reservations (or if they do take walk-ups some are difficult to come by) but I do know that my family and I have been able to get in to Restaurant Marrakesh (Epcot) and Yak and Yeti (Animal Kingdom) in the past for dinner without a reservation, though I don't know if that has changed since then. I believe the new walk-up list on the Disney app lets you look for something same-day, so you can select today's date and your party size and it will show you all available restaurants. Here's a list of participating walk-ups: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/mobi...-walt-disney-worlds-my-disney-experience-app/

Kayls814

In the Parks
No
I have found that searching the restaurant I want to go to and then my party number has been better than entering my party number and the date. I don't know why this is better, but more options pop up this way! Try searching a specific date and restaurant for the entire day, and don't limit the time. Sometimes you'll be surprised by what you might find!

aliceismad

Unfortunately the window for reservations opens 60 days in advance, and many try early to secure reservations. However, as you get closer and people change plans, I bet there will be some openings if you are flexible.

Are you considering restaurants in the hotels or at Disney Springs as well as those in the parks? That might help. You might also try looking at Open Table for the Disney Springs spots.

ppet

For non Disney owned restaurants I have had some success calling directly to the restaurants front desk. This helped me get around party size limitations and some availability issues.

diggity16

We’ve had decent luck with walk up options, calling restaurants like Homecomin and stalking MDE like a mad person.

My family unexpectedly booked a trip during the 50th like you and even MK on Oct. 1…ha! Just do your best and pack your patience. Good luck!!

dreday3

When are you going?

We are going later in October and surprisingly, there's still a lot of good places available for dinner.

When searching, don't just choose "breakfast, lunch or dinner". Actually choose a time. And I agree with above, it works best when you go in the restaurant itself and choose time,/search.

JohnD

Hi everyone, we are a family of 5 staying on Disney in October. I have tried to get reservations for all different restaurants but they are either sold out or have very late times (9pm or later). Do these places only take reservations? Can you try to walk in? We are at Disney for 10 days and just wanted to reserve a few places. Any suggestions? I thought over a month out I would be good but Nooooo...lol Thanks for the help..

Shane

Reservations for Steakhouse 71 open up Thursday at 6am. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (I'll be trying along with the rest of the world too). Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom