Reservations for 14 people. Mission impossible?

andilubio

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I am preparing for our (hopeful) trip to Disney in Easter time 2022.

As you might have seen in the title its going to be a big group and I want to try and make reservations. I have played around with current dates in Nov and Dec and it seems imposible to get bookings for such a big group. Am I better off trying to break bookings into 2 and then ask to get tables together?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes. In some cases, the system will not even process a reservation that large. Most of Disney's restaurants are just not set up for parties that size.

I would call to make your dining reservations as you may need to break the group up into as many as 4 parties. (4, 4, 4 and 2)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Ive seen a few large groups sitting together but I cant remember seeing more than a party of 8 or 10. Disney will try accommodating where they can but an overly sized party makes it difficult on the servers and getting food out forv larger parties. Calling in your reservations and speaking with a real person will give you a better chance of making arrangements that will suit you.

Hockey89

Hi everyone,

I am preparing for our (hopeful) trip to Disney in Easter time 2022.

As you might have seen in the title its going to be a big group and I want to try and make reservations. I have played around with current dates in Nov and Dec and it seems imposible to get bookings for such a big group. Am I better off trying to break bookings into 2 and then ask to get tables together?

Thanks!
I would just set up two or three tables.... Serving 14 people at once never goes that well with the food or service..... Cold.... Over cooked ect

RememberWhen

We had planned (but canceled) a large group trip. I had poor success finding tables of more than 6 at most places. Most of my reservations ended up being a table of 6, a table of 5 and a table of 4 at similar times. I was able to grab a table of 12 at Oga one day. And a table of 7 at Biergarten and Ale and Compass. The restaurant will try to work with you and put your tables near each other, but it’s not a guarantee. In the end it worked out as my parents and two sisters still went, while another sister and our families canceled. We were able to keep the reservation for 4 and cancel the others.
A word of advice. If you’re the one making the reservations for the group, plan carefully. Have back ups in mind. When you make the first reservation for a place, make someone else the lead on it. Same for the second. You can be lead for the final one. Don’t bother adding in which people will be at which table. Disney just needs a lead person. You can add those later, or not. The only exception is if you’re trying to get a prepaid place. Hoop Dee Doo comes to mind, but that’s not open yet.
Good luck! Big family trips are exhausting but fun!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

If WDW can hold a banquet hall for a huge business event? They can accommodate you.
But it's not happening On-Line. You are going to have to CALL :(.

Now - in the event of WDW owned Restaurant issues? I'm going to suggest TWO non-Disney owned Restaurants. Both stunning, both VERY used to large parties.

1) Shula's - Dolphin (High end, pricewise).
2) Il Mulino - Swan (LESS Expensive).

BOTH are on "Open Table". BUT, with a very large Party? You may very well have to CALL, directly.

andilubio

Original Poster
Thanks for all the comments. It does feel like calling might be the best solution, and then trying to sort 2 or 3 tables.

As a family, we traditionally have always went to Liberty Tree Tavern but normally numbers have been a bit lower. Lets see how I can manage...

The other one I was looking into was Ohana and maybe Tusker House. Cape May Cafe seems to be an option as well.

We tend to like to do character breakfasts, but not sure if by Easter 2022 they will be back to normal.

Last edited:

andilubio

Original Poster
In reference to having someone else be the lead. How can I do that? I assume I need all tickets to be connected to me account and then I can associate the booking to different people within the group?

A word of advice. If you’re the one making the reservations for the group, plan carefully. Have back ups in mind. When you make the first reservation for a place, make someone else the lead on it. Same for the second. You can be lead for the final one. Don’t bother adding in which people will be at which table. Disney just needs a lead person. You can add those later, or not. The only exception is if you’re trying to get a prepaid place. Hoop Dee Doo comes to mind, but that’s not open yet.

RememberWhen

In reference to having someone else be the lead. How can I do that? I assume I need all tickets to be connected to me account and then I can associate the booking to different people within the group?
You’ll want to have everyone listed as your “friends and family” and then you can make somebody else the lead on the reservation. Your credit card will be used to hold the reservation. You will not be able to cancel the reservation, so you need it to be someone who can be on top of things (or will give you their login information). I usually make my wife and mom the other two people as I have their MDE account passwords so I can go in and make adjustments as needed.

edit to add: I don’t think you can make someone else the lead on the MDE app. I always use the website.

LeighM

Hopefully it changes before your trip bc when I called Disney last week with an issue over my dining reservation, the automated message they played on hold made it very clear (multiple times while I was waiting LOL) that Disney could not guarantee parties of 5 or more being sat together because of covid restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom