Reservation system lost my dining reservations

harveyt0206

Original Poster
I decided to double check my dining reservations for my upcoming February 27th trip and when I logged on to Disney's website to view all my reservations, they only had two of the five that I made at my 180 day mark. :shrug: Of course, the call in reservation line is closed. I tried looking them up through my resort reservation as well as through my individual confirmation numbers. They were just there a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not sure if something happened to them during the recent system upgrade or what. Good news is that I was able to make new reservations through the on line system. I just hope they stick this time....

Has anyone else lost their dining reservations recently??

sweetpee_1993

Okay. A little freaked right now. I saw your post so figured I should go check on our reservations. I haven't searched by number yet but when searching the way I usually do it says that dining reservations can't be retrieved at this time. I had to call to DRC this afternoon to add on the ME for the hubby. The recording starts out by saying the reservation system updates won't be complete until 10/20, that during that time portions of the system will not be available. I hope that's what the problem is. Reservations are getting a little slim on the pickins for us being this close to the trip. Crossing my fingers.... :lookaroun

Computer Magic

The upcoming upgrade is causing ADRs to not show up on the Internet. They are still there. You can call reservation to double check. I did this today since I had to call and make my final payment. Everything was there.

You now have double booked so you should cancel the ones you don't need.

jeffk410

Well, I didnt lose them , but I booked Via Napoli today 10/16/ at epcot like 3 hours prior. My reservations weren't on their list, but they also did not use a computer? They just took my word for it...
But I feel ur frusturation.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I will call tomorrow and double check and have an actual CM check for me and cancel anything that is double booked. I didn't get any sort of message that indicated that the system was down or not showing reservations on line.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Okay, so I just saw in the system upgrade thread (which is up to umpteen pages) that this is a common occurrence right now and not to panic. Shew....moving on and waiting for system upgrades to be completed. :D

sweetpee_1993

Okay, so I just saw in the system upgrade thread (which is up to umpteen pages) that this is a common occurrence right now and not to panic. Shew....moving on and waiting for system upgrades to be completed. :D

I don't blame you for not wading thru that many posts in the upgrade thread. Those mega-threads are insane. Usually if I see one that long I'll just skip it and go look for the info I want on other sites.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it seems when I first heard the recorded spiel about the upgrades was last month when I called in to 407-WDW-PLAY. I'm almost certain that initially the upgrades were supposed to be for the 12th & 13th. Maybe it was 12th thru the 14th. Then I'm also thinking that when I called 407-WDISNEY yesterday the recording said everything would be back up on the 19th (I ended up on perpetual hold so I had to hang up before I got to talk to anyone). And today when I called for the ME addition the recording said the 20th. Sounds to me like the IT folks got in over their heads a little. :D

Rob562

Especially as your trip isn't until February...
Now, my friends who are leaving for WDW a week from tomorrow for whom I helped make all their dining reservations.... :lookaroun

-Rob

harveyt0206

Original Poster
I don't blame you for not wading thru that many posts in the upgrade thread. Those mega-threads are insane. Usually if I see one that long I'll just skip it and go look for the info I want on other sites.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it seems when I first heard the recorded spiel about the upgrades was last month when I called in to 407-WDW-PLAY. I'm almost certain that initially the upgrades were supposed to be for the 12th & 13th. Maybe it was 12th thru the 14th. Then I'm also thinking that when I called 407-WDISNEY yesterday the recording said everything would be back up on the 19th (I ended up on perpetual hold so I had to hang up before I got to talk to anyone). And today when I called for the ME addition the recording said the 20th. Sounds to me like the IT folks got in over their heads a little. :D

Amen SweetPee. Well, it from what I read it sounds like this upgrade is "fluid" at this point and that parts of the upgrade are completed, but not all of it. *sigh* The Disney planning fanatic in me is not liking all this uncertainty. I know my vaca isn't for several months but the fear of my reservations being permanently lost, especially during free dining when reservations are so hard to come by, is making my poor little worrier brain explode.

But at least I have all my WDWmagic friends to lean on......:)

ThinkTink721

When I pulled up my ADRs on the website after it was down, there were 2 that were not showing up.
I called WDW, gave them the confirmation #'s for the ones that were not showing up, & they confirmed that they are still in the system.
They are still not showing up online.

sweetpee_1993

Amen SweetPee. Well, it from what I read it sounds like this upgrade is "fluid" at this point and that parts of the upgrade are completed, but not all of it. *sigh* The Disney planning fanatic in me is not liking all this uncertainty. I know my vaca isn't for several months but the fear of my reservations being permanently lost, especially during free dining when reservations are so hard to come by, is making my poor little worrier brain explode.

But at least I have all my WDWmagic friends to lean on......:)

I hear ya. Late last night I read there's another planned outage smack dab in the middle of our trip. Talk about scary stuff. :eek:

mousefan1972

Did you cancel the ones you double booked? Next time, you might want to wait and talk to a CM before you assume the reservations were "lost". I have a trip coming up in 13 days, and did not freak out when I went to retrieve my reservations and a few were gone. A couple minutes of reading on the internet and I was reassured that it was due to the work done on the system, and nothing more.

Rob562

When I pulled up my ADRs on the website after it was down, there were 2 that were not showing up.
I called WDW, gave them the confirmation #'s for the ones that were not showing up, & they confirmed that they are still in the system.
They are still not showing up online.

They're not replacing the servers where the reservation info is kept. They're just replacing the front-end systems that *access* that information. So the information is all still there, but as some people are discovering, there are some problems getting to where you can see it.

-Rob

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Did you cancel the ones you double booked? Next time, you might want to wait and talk to a CM before you assume the reservations were "lost". I have a trip coming up in 13 days, and did not freak out when I went to retrieve my reservations and a few were gone. A couple minutes of reading on the internet and I was reassured that it was due to the work done on the system, and nothing more.

I admitted in a previous post that I jumped the gun. :shrug: When I tried to pull up my reservations, there were no system outage notifications on Disney's web site. It was also after hours when I tried to access the information so I wasn't able to speak to a Cast Member until today. As of right now, I only have one set of reservations confirmed. I fully admit that I didn't do due dilligence. It was an error on my part. I'm usually pretty good about doing my research, unfortunately I missed the fine print on this outage when I read about it. I was under the impression that all parts would be back up by the 15th. But everyone has been extremely helpful in making sure I understand what is actually going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom