Requesting trip reports!!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Since we have had this new forum. I havent seen any trip reports yet.And I know some on you have been lately. cough cough cough Steve. lol and I know a few other have been too.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
LOL - what more do you want! :) I just posted my good and bad points!! :)

you've been there 20 days lol did I mention you were there20 days? lol :) plus I know you got some juicey rumors while u were there. Spit them out!!! lol :) oh and how many hours did u stay at the gorrilla area this time. :) U didnt mention anything about Dinorama, or fastpass at the speedway( Has it started yet), did u do any e-ride nights, hmmm I will think of more and i'll be back. I'm just giving you a hard time. I havent had the chance to do tht since u were at disney for 20 days. and u didnt mention much on universal either. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LOL OK.

Spent big time at the Gorillas - they are so cool. The whole gorilla family was around, hanging with the big old silver back. I also saw one of the big males fall into the lake below. He went nuts and started banging his chest like a maniac. You would not believe how much noise they can make whent hey do that!! It would scare the hell out of you if you were face to face with one! :) There is alos a new Colobus Monkey exhbiti near the Gorillas - they are these big black and white things - they're pretty cool.

Dinorama - well what can we say about that. I posted some photos, and thats exactly how it looks in real life. I always take comfort in that its hidden behind CTX, so it wont cause too much damage! :)

Speedway shoudl get FP construction starting soon, nothing going on yet.

Did 5 Eride nights - all good, low lines - basically walk on. Although its always been like that in my experience.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
On the Universal front - there really isnt much to say. To be honest, I thought IOA was terrible (my opinion on this park is declining). Dont get me wrong, the actual rides are good. BUT, I do not like the park, its layout, its staff or its atmosphere.

Example. In the Spidy standby line. The ride broke down for 2 hours, and not 1 single annoucement from staff as to when it would be back up or anything. No return tickets, nothing....

In comparison, at Disney, we broke down on GMRide at boarding, for about 2 minutes. In that time we had 6 CMs stay with us, started a mexican wave, and sang Happy Birthday to a CM. Now what a difference that is.

Another example, it rained. So guess what. Dragons, Hulk, Doom, Jurrassic Park, Bilge, Ripsaw all close. If it rains there you are screwed badly. People whine about TT closing at Epcot, but that is jsut one attraction. At IOA almost 90% of the park closes.

Universal Studios was doign better for me. Although I saw the funniest firework show in the history of Orlando. Its the new Universal night show in the lagoon. How they dared do this when Reflections of Earth is down the road I do not know, but here goes...

They have 6 launchers in the lagoon. Now remember, the lagoon is tiny. Its like the size of Echo lake at the Studios infront of Indy. Anyway, we were stadning about 30ft from the launcher. They had an annoucnement before it started, saying "Welcoem to Stars in they Sky show, this is how a studio would look if there was a firework show in it" - a really lame annoucenemt!! Then they fired up some music, jsut random movie tunes, like Back to the Future etc.. and they just fired random fireworks to it, one by one. You would jsut see this launcher fire one shell, then stop, and then fire another one. There were occasional large aerial shells over MIB, but there was ZERO co-ordination. I felt embarassed for them - it really was that funny. They seriously need a proper pyro designer to do that show, and they should skip the lagoon elements, and sinkt he cash into putting more pyro behind MIB - somehting like Sorcer in the Sky or Fantasty in the Sky. They are so far off Reflections it jsut isnt funny.

Sorry i cant be more positive on the Universal front, I just think they are slipping further back - which not what we need.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
On the Universal front - there really isnt much to say. To be honest, I thought IOA was terrible (my opinion on this park is declining). Dont get me wrong, the actual rides are good. BUT, I do not like the park, its layout, its staff or its atmosphere.

Example. In the Spidy standby line. The ride broke down for 2 hours, and not 1 single annoucement from staff as to when it would be back up or anything. No return tickets, nothing....

In comparison, at Disney, we broke down on GMRide at boarding, for about 2 minutes. In that time we had 6 CMs stay with us, started a mexican wave, and sang Happy Birthday to a CM. Now what a difference that is.

Another example, it rained. So guess what. Dragons, Hulk, Doom, Jurrassic Park, Bilge, Ripsaw all close. If it rains there you are screwed badly. People whine about TT closing at Epcot, but that is jsut one attraction. At IOA almost 90% of the park closes.

Universal Studios was doign better for me. Although I saw the funniest firework show in the history of Orlando. Its the new Universal night show in the lagoon. How they dared do this when Reflections of Earth is down the road I do not know, but here goes...

They have 6 launchers in the lagoon. Now remember, the lagoon is tiny. Its like the size of Echo lake at the Studios infront of Indy. Anyway, we were stadning about 30ft from the launcher. They had an annoucnement before it started, saying "Welcoem to Stars in they Sky show, this is how a studio would look if there was a firework show in it" - a really lame annoucenemt!! Then they fired up some music, jsut random movie tunes, like Back to the Future etc.. and they just fired random fireworks to it, one by one. You would jsut see this launcher fire one shell, then stop, and then fire another one. There were occasional large aerial shells over MIB, but there was ZERO co-ordination. I felt embarassed for them - it really was that funny. They seriously need a proper pyro designer to do that show, and they should skip the lagoon elements, and sinkt he cash into putting more pyro behind MIB - somehting like Sorcer in the Sky or Fantasty in the Sky. They are so far off Reflections it jsut isnt funny.

Sorry i cant be more positive on the Universal front, I just think they are slipping further back - which not what we need.

What about there version of fastpass? was it working right. where the hotel guest getting right on the rides?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
UniversalExpress is such a rip off of FASTPASS. I hope Disney nail them on the Patent claim. I know screamscape are saying it may be pulled by the end of the summer.

It is identical. You have standby lines, express lines, a return window. Complete copy.

I couldnt really gauge how well it was working, I was only there for 1 day - half a day at IOA, half at Universal. I did everything int hat time, so I guess it was working well to allow me to do that.

It was noticeable that Universal was dead at night, around 7pm everyone seemed to vanish. There oculd only have been a few 1000 watching the night show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom