Reports from spring break 2014

My family and I are currently on our way home from spring break. First I want to say that we arrived on Sat and were pleasantly surprised with the lower crowd levels. Did not need to use any of my fp+ For lesser attractions. It remained this way until Tuesday and Weds was a madhouse at Magic Kingdom. This was out first trip on spring break and I don't know why anyone would do it even though we had fun with the lower crowds earlier. Some of the things I wanted to comment on was that Splash mountain broke down on Weds however when I rode it on Tuesday EVERYTHING was working. The water hopping in the Laughin place was on and the ride looked wonderful. Also saw live tests of the mine train on many evenings. I remembered the last time we were on the monorails they were disgusting however the carpets on the walls were much better this time. We had also never done Enchanted Tales with belle because I have a 3 yr old boy and 9 month old but we did this time and I HIGHLY recommend it! My 3 yr old was Maurice twice. All in all I'd say the actually parks looked better than out previous trip in November. EPCOTS ball was shining and other than all of the walls magic Kingdom even looked great. Hope you enjoyed this small update. Any questions ask away!

jklakeview

Original Poster
Oh yeah. The fp+ had its good and bad points. The return lines were still an issue. Not the end of the world but they still needed a cue for them. The kiosks lines were busy as well. The idea of getting only three need to be fixed as they are trying to do. So many huge standby lines with fp+ still available. Definitely not being able to get anything in MK after being in EPCOT stunk too. Again I know they are fixing it. It was really nice not to have to run to TSMM and Soarin. I still think the old way was fine but it did work for the most part this time and we were guaranteed at least our 3 fps

Thank you for this update. So let me get this straight, as of Saturday, 4/12, you are still limited to 3 FP+ per day? (I am hoping with all hope that by the time I we leave in 5/1 we will have the ability to add additional FP+ after they have been used.

DisneyPrincess5

Oh yeah. The fp+ had its good and bad points. The return lines were still an issue. Not the end of the world but they still needed a cue for them. The kiosks lines were busy as well. The idea of getting only three need to be fixed as they are trying to do. So many huge standby lines with fp+ still available. Definitely not being able to get anything in MK after being in EPCOT stunk too. Again I know they are fixing it. It was really nice not to have to run to TSMM and Soarin. I still think the old way was fine but it did work for the most part this time and we were guaranteed at least our 3 fps
I'm confused, arent they using the old paper fastpass que space for the new FP+ Line??

bethymouse

Yep- I prefer the old fast pass much better! I guess I'm still leery of the new system! I think it should be per park, not per day! If in MK, then you'll use them all and not have any left for other parks if you're a park hopper! Glad they're fixing it though. I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I guess I should be glad then we don't have a trip planned this year until Disney gets the "bugs" worked out of the system.:rolleyes:

jklakeview

Original Poster
You can still only get three. Also they are using the old fp cues but the new wristbands cause such a backup that they have to create additional longer cues.

jklakeview

Original Poster
I think you should be able to prebook for one park. But when you're done with the park and you hop over to another, you should be able to pick up any remaining fps. I do t think you should be able to book for space mountain, splash mountain, and then soarin. If they allow that ALL of the best rides will be gone way too fast. With the way they have the system now, I was still able to get fps for soarin and test track when I entered the park. Several times I changed my time successfully. As long as I was there early enough

jklakeview

Original Poster
The most annoying thing was going to EPCOT first and then not being able to get any of the fps for magic kingdom when you could see them left over. Not even for bigger rides but for things like pirates of the carribean or haunted mansion. Instead you had to stand on a 50 minute line while all of those left over fps went untouched.

photoflight

Except for the 3-pass limit and the per-park limit FP+ has worked fine for us. The website needs a little work (or else I'd just have done it differently) but it works. We've had no problems with lines or magic bands at all. Took my 76 y/o dad to a park recently and he thought the whole thing was pretty neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom