reporting...latest disney info

goofyfordisney

Original Poster
:)

Okay, I got back from Disney today. Here is how it went.

Crowds: By No Means is Disney World Empty! At least in my definition. Empty for me is waiting no more than 10 minutes in lines for rides that are not E-Ticket rides. Like Great Movie Ride, or Pirates. The Great Movie Ride had a 50 minute wait! I went this weekend hoping for short lines, boy was I wrong.

On saturday and Sunday, I said to myself, maybe it will ease up on Monday or Tuesday. NOPE! Today the All Star Sports was nearly booked, and the parks were very busy! Backstage Tour (TRAM) had a 35 minute wait.

I went to the Wide World of Sports Complex on Sunday, which was closed. I went to eat at the ALL STAR CAFE. We were the only ones there. On the way, I spoke to a bus driver for quite a while. According to him, parks were empty. I asked him "empty compared to what??" He said a summer day, where the park is filled to capacity. Where dumbo has a 3.5 hour wait.

Then I understood what they meant by empty. But I had something completely different in mind. Anyway, the bus driver also told me about the new POP CENTURY RESORT. He said a lot of cast members had the same questions on their minds, like how they were going to get house keeping for the 5000+ rooms that will be at that resort. He told me that Disney has an extremely hard time keeping housekeepers. Said they claimed to be overworked, and many of them quit very quickly. The busdriver also was showing me how the drivers keep count of the amount of people that they pick up at every stop. I asked him why they were required to do this, and he told me that it was in order to keep track of the demand for busses. He told me exactly this "If we notice that few people are using a specific route, then they stop that route, as Disney pays for these busses". I wasnt sure what he meant by that. Arent the busses Disney's?

Anyway, I rode several times in one of the new busses. They are MUCH lower to the ground. Also more roomy, but have less seats. But they do hold more people, as there is a lot more room for people to stand.

As far as constuction Does anyone know what the "Bonet Creek Resort" contruction is? I saw a sign that said " Bonet Creek Resort Construction, THIS WAY And it had an arrow.

OH, one more thing, I finally did something I Have been meaning to do for a long time. I FINALLY RODE a helicopter over Disney. a truly awesome experience!

Well, I hope to read some replies soon.
:)

Cindylou

I believe the Bonnet Creek construction is for another DVC Hotel. I think I read that somewhere, just not sure where.

What was the cost for the helicopter ride, if you don't mind my asking? Also, where do you go to do this? I had wanted to sign my husband up for the Mickey hot air balloon ride, but could never find one. I know I've seen one in pictures. Any idea on this? Maybe we'll have to do the helecopter ride.

Tom Morrow

Thats odd... I was at DIsney all last week, and never had to wait more than 10 minutes for ANYTHING! Then the weekend came, and it was packed. According to a few cast members, the weekdays have been extremely slow lately, and they were right.

Lindy

I hope they are slower

Cuz we leave in 8 days and are going to be in the parks mainly during the week.

Either way, we'll make the best of it! Spending way too much money not to:animwink:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It was probably full because you went on the weekend. I had an opportunity to talk to an annual passholder when i was down there about a month ago, and he explains that sort of how it is during the school year. It's not worth it for passholders to come after their kids get out of school. However on the weekends, many of them turn out, causing both the resorts and the parks to get very very busy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom