Replacement to the Mark VI Monorail?

scottriehm

Original Poster
I have found threads talking about how the Mark VI monorails are always breaking down and need to be replaced but none talking about them actually being replaced. I found a clip posted by Mickey Views in late April, which seems to be a fairly reputable WDW news outlet, with a clip from Bob Gurr during what appeared to be a Q&A somewhere that they were currently working on contracts with Bombardier, the manufacturer for the Mark VI, to replace them with Mark VIII's and that they were working to have this contract and the replacement underway by the 50th anniversary of WDW in 2021. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?

scottriehm

Original Poster
Also, for anyone that wants to know where I got this from, here are the links to the clip they tweeted of Bob Gurr making the announcement as well as their YouTube video where they reported on it.

lazyboy97o

I have found threads talking about how the Mark VI monorails are always breaking down and need to be replaced but none talking about them actually being replaced. I found a clip posted by Mickey Views in late April, which seems to be a fairly reputable WDW news outlet, with a clip from Bob Gurr during what appeared to be a Q&A somewhere that they were currently working on contracts with Bombardier, the manufacturer for the Mark VI, to replace them with Mark VIII's and that they were working to have this contract and the replacement underway by the 50th anniversary of WDW in 2021. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?
There is a thread on the subject.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-monorails-coming-soon.939855/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom