Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemmo

The coaster was proposed to go behind (east of) the Speedway.
Hmm outside the RR tracks. I guess they'd have to have a SM like entrance where you go under the tracks. I didn't know that land was good enough for a new build, very interesting.

Fox&Hound

I dare say if we don't see the coaster plus a Speedway overhaul we will more likely see purely a complete Speedway overhaul.

As in they would keep the speedway and retheme it? Here is hoping they put something more ambitious there...when will we know more?

matt9112

and Space Mountain , aside from some of the fun new ELT computer graphics, is still a superior ride...It just needs refreshing and some track love...Some new whiz-bang visuals to both the coaster and the Peoplemover within the dome to freshen up both attractions are all that is needed there. What about something that has not been built in another park for the speedway? A trackless outdoor robotic car ride through a futuristic landscape?

All new track with same layout more or less with double wide trains and a little more banking on some turns.

ToTBellHop

I would disagree with Lance at Screamscape that a TRON coaster in Tomorrowland is some sort of blue sky fanboy pipe dream. While far from confirmed, it is at least more possible than any E ticket thrill ride proposed for MK since Splash Mountain.

It's flashy, easily marketable for the 50th, and pretty easy to build. They still want a flashy, marketable E ticket for 2021, so it's on the table.

Kman101

I would take dark rides over an E-ticket. Again, I think it goes back to atmosphere and the experience. I wish more people in management thought that way. When I think of Disney, I think dark rides.

Same.

I'd prefer an Aladdin dark ride in Adventureland, a Tangled or Alice in Wonderland dark ride in Fantasyland, something to replace Buzz with that doesn't involve gutting it ... or why not rebuild Pan somewhere and give it a bigger showbuilding, better scenes and better capacity? So many things they could do but instead they want to gut and replace.

But they clearly want quick fixes and flashy e-tickets with horrid capacity.

huwar18

Same.

I'd prefer an Aladdin dark ride in Adventureland, a Tangled or Alice in Wonderland dark ride in Fantasyland, something to replace Buzz with that doesn't involve gutting it ... or why not rebuild Pan somewhere and give it a bigger showbuilding, better scenes and better capacity? So many things they could do but instead they want to gut and replace.

But they clearly want quick fixes and flashy e-tickets with horrid capacity.
You would think dark rides would be mod of a quick fix. I have a hard time believing they cost more and take longer than roller coasters and E-tickets.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I like the other rumor better, the one where Tron is coming to Tomorrowland but NOT in the form of a coaster. Tron seems more likely now but I'm still holding out the tiniest of hopes that whatever is added will not be another coaster. That makes 4 in close"ish" proximity. While they are good people eaters I would think Disney would want to spread out the coasters and balance foot traffic in each land. I'd much rather see a few C-D tickets and an enclosed theater vs a single E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom