• Backlot tour? or

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test Track

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
I was thinking about this for about a week; and I have alot of sketches and things about this. So here it goes :
I think the treehouse should be removed and replaced with a "dinosaur" type ride. I guess it would be considered a dark ride ; but i understand what im saying. The reason i thouht it should replace TSFTH(the swiss family tree house)is because it is soo boring for most people. Every time i have come to MK there was NO line meaning nobody is interested in going in or on the treehouse. Ok i was thinking the theme of the ride could be based on: Hercules and the other character. It would be a indoor action packed dark ride i haven't seen the movie so i will and il have a story for the ride. All that i do know is the place it would be and what theme. Now im going to work on the story line i have a map of the indoor ride i made on paint the little numbers near the green is whats going to happen. Like i told u i havn't go the story line yet. So when i do i'll label ok here it is let me know if u like it or not leave me comments please thanx alot everybody ok bye

Attachments

• ride design.bmp
    935.4 KB · Views: 124

wagner92

Why does everyone want MORE MORE MORE? Leave the tree alone! However, today's generation of kids may not be aware of the sweet movie called Swiss Family Robinson... so the tree is nothing to them. The only thing that I would do to jazz it up is to add something like AA figures or more special effects so its kinda like Posideon's Adventure in Islands of Adventure

Seano846

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
why? it has NO purpose if it does what ? let me know..
There is a wonderful thing called nostalgia that happens when you visit WDW, especially when you visit there again for the first time in 20 years and many of the attractions you enjoyed as a kid are still there which brings back many memories. Im not saying don't build new attractions,just leave the old ones. The Treehouse and the other older attractions serve alot of purpose for many people.You will understand that when you get a little older

Attachments

• mickey bust out.gif
    mickey bust out.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 133

wagner92

Seano, how old are you? Using brillant logic I have deduced you are around 30 to 50 years old as evidenced by your use of the word 'nostaliga' and mentioning visiting there for the first time in 20 years old and finally of your picture of the 50's era Mickey Mouse.. which is only pleasing to people who were raised on the Mickey Mouse Club show. I prefer the Mickey Mouse that Fred Moore perfected... (Like in Jack and the Beanstalk.) By the way, I'm 18... and time for the annual shameless plug... go see my post Shadowlands now!

jazcatsnh

I feel the need to say something about nostalgia and the Treehouse. I have been to WDW coming up on 18 times (I'm 32 and grew up w/ the MMC) Since the first visit to it I have had one thought--BORING!!! Something needs to be done with it, Round -up or a good chain saw comes to mind. I kind of like a hercules theme, but not quite sure it fits into the adventure theme. Something incorporating a simulator would be neat, or maybe a pooh-esque type thing-- Robin Hood comes to mind, but I may be dating myself. I do agree that you do need some nostalgia, like the feeling you get when you first come out from under the train station and see the castle. :cool:

The Mom

Premium Member
I am quite old enough to remember the "Swiss Family Robinson" (and the original Mickey Mouse Club) but was surprised when my 8 yo son dragged me around the treehouse last June. Obviously, some children still enjoy climbing up & down the tree, looking at the improvised house. I think it should stay!

Tink

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
why? it has NO purpose if it does what ? let me know..

I like the tree. :)

And I doubt it will be eliminated any time soon since they just did a rehab of it within the past couple years. They won't be changing Adventureland either - they just added the Aladdin ride.

If you see the movie, you may see why the tree is kinda neat. A whole family can go through it together, even the grandparents and little little kids if they don't mind all of the steps. I think it is a very "Uncle Walt" kind of attraction.

By the way, what is the "purpose" of any of the rides at Disney World? To make you feel like a kid again - right? I think a tree house does that.

The Mom

Premium Member
Thank you Tink. Some people still enjoy taking things slowly now & then, and just looking at things. Also, I have lots of time to talk with my son while walking around things like treehouse & Tom Sawyer's Island. Isn't that what a "family " vacation is supposed to be about?
Not that we don't enjoy the "coasters" We just like a variety of different paced rides & attractions!

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
I agree with all of you. Like I said it was just a thought. I personaly don't really care about the tree house because it never changes nothing. If somthing does let me know. But yeah taking the treehouse would make everyone feel werid when they walk through Advebtureland.
PPL:" wheres the treehouse >? darn !!! Little kids:" mommy mommy >or> daddy daddy i wannna go on the treehouse. "Mom/Dad :" I'm sorry they demolised it" " I guess we'll have to ride Pirates. " kids". No No the pirates r scary mommy no " .

No one wants that to happen but i think they need to some how add a new ride to adventureland dont you?
comments answers lol thanx

justin lata

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom