Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

aladdin2007

I think this is part of a larger ongoing project (as it was stated a few pages back) and the blue and green is not going to stay. If it does? #*!&!&!*&*!!, yeah its that bad lol.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Here's some updated photos of the progress:

View attachment 51942 View attachment 51943 View attachment 51944 View attachment 51945 View attachment 51946 View attachment 51947

I don't want to say I like it, but I will say that it actually makes the window covers fit better visually. It also doesn't look terrible in person, it certainly makes things look newer and more fresh than before. It's just too noisy and obviously totally ignores the point of the architectural design of the buildings.

Thanks for the pics.

You're right, it does match those window covers nicely, ties it together much better then before. HOWEVER...

Those windows should not have covers. They should be WINDOWS!

FerretAfros

I'm somewhat afraid to ask, but is this paint job only on the plaza side of the buildings? Or does it continue around to the back side, facing the other pavilions?

If it continues to the back, I wonder how much the visual noise will detract from the impact of the pavilions' iconic architecture, since the central buildings have always been subtle enough to direct your attention to other things

cookiee_munster

the browns remind me of a retro theme of the 80's or something.

i kind of like it and hate it at the same time. i don't like it how the park seems to put a lot of emphasis on retro epcot from the 80's.

jt04

i kind of like it and hate it at the same time. i don't like it how the park seems to put a lot of emphasis on retro epcot from the 80's.

Same thought. Sometimes I think it works. It just seems odd where it is. Perhaps I will grow to appreciate it but it is different.

Communicore

I don't understand how it would be 80's. The windows are boarded up and there are thingies hanging on the plaza so that automatically makes it un-80's lol.

Kman101

The design itself just does not make sense at all. What a waste of manpower and paint. I just want to hear an explanation for it and what their plans are. I'm surprised nothing at all has been leaked on this.

hpyhnt 1000

If, per the news, they are filming for a new Soarin' this weekend, then this current design will be featured in the attraction film for the next 20 or so years.

I had not thought of that. Well, it is going to be done at night so unless they go and point a bunch of floodlights on the buildings, it won't be too visible.

hpyhnt 1000

The pink checks came in with the Millennium clutter. The green and blue floors came a few years ago with the colour coded breezeways.

Could have sworn it was before that. The pic below shows them before the time of the Millennium nonsense (not my pic, BTW).

http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1994a.jpg
Apparently this was taken during the Innoventions overhaul, which would put this around 1994. Also note the absence of Ice Station/Club Cool.

EDIT: Oh, well, so much for that. For those who are curious, the ******** is a certain encyclopedia devoted to Epcot.

jamesgf

Uhhhggg. It looks like someone drank as many colors of paint they could find, took a spin on M:S orange and barfed it on the buildings. :(

tissandtully

Could have sworn it was before that. The pic below shows them before the time of the Millennium nonsense (not my pic, BTW).

http://www.************.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1994a.jpg
Apparently this was taken during the Innoventions overhaul, which would put this around 1994. Also note the absence of Ice Station/Club Cool.

EDIT: Oh, well, so much for that. For those who are curious, the ******** is a certain encyclopedia devoted to Epcot.

What is it with WDWmagic blocking other sites? That seems a bit anti-competitive doesn't it?

omurice

A classy paint-job, both compelling and rich!

5b4fcc7f-d86e-4364-9cbd-b3cfb452c77c_zpsf9686523.png

Clamman73

The design itself just does not make sense at all. What a waste of manpower and paint. I just want to hear an explanation for it and what their plans are. I'm surprised nothing at all has been leaked on this.

It was mentioned earlier that it has something to do with this sort of thing:

474_kaleidoscope_thumb.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom