News Reopening Walt Disney World - an official statement

chama1

I'm wondering if Disney does open up with these restrictions, they might have to open earlier to try to makeup for the loss of revenue with the capacity not being he same as before.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney isn't sharing anything with the recovery taskforce either. It seems as if they were there to iron out their rules then just show up every meeting with nothing to share. Those meetings are now once a week with the next one on Tuesday, so who knows?

From what I've seen of the FL task force is that they basically said in the end that they trust the theme parks to do their own thing and they weren't going to micro-manage them.

Dr.GrantSeeker

ToTBellHop

I was thinking about this as well. Does anyone have an idea or insight as to how Disney will handle transportation when they reopen? @marni1971 @Magic Feather @MansionButler84 @WDW Pro
All I know is that there were serious concerns about telling GF guests to ride a bus to MK. Pity they waited so long on that bridge...

Perhaps they can save the monorail for resort guests and not from from TTC. Boats shouldn’t be any less safe than buses if they use appropriate capacities.

Magic Feather

All I know is that there were serious concerns about telling GF guests to ride a bus to MK. Pity they waited so long on that bridge...

Perhaps they can save the monorail for resort guests and not from from TTC. Boats shouldn’t be any less safe than buses if they use appropriate capacities.
I don’t know why the launches (boats) couldn’t be used for GF. Worst case they throw the MK 1 and 2 (or whatever they call the old Discovery island River Boats now) back on that route. The only issue with that is the fact that they are already down to two docks, so that may not work.

Regardless, I’ve been hearing that a few projects may emerge and restart construction a bit before the park reopens in hopes that they get done pre-parks reopening to help with Social Distancing efforts. Among those, I’ve heard a somewhat shoddy/quick finish to the GF walkway being considered, in addition to putting a lot of resources into finishing the final security improvements (MK Parkside and AK)

ToTBellHop

I don’t know why the launches (boats) couldn’t be used for GF. Worst case they throw the MK 1 and 2 (or whatever they call the old Discovery island River Boats now) back on that route. The only issue with that is the fact that they are already down to two docks, so that may not work.

Regardless, I’ve been hearing that a few projects may emerge and restart construction a bit before the park reopens in hopes that they get done pre-parks reopening to help with Social Distancing efforts. Among those, I’ve heard a somewhat shoddy/quick finish to the GF walkway being considered, in addition to putting a lot of resources into finishing the final security improvements (MK Parkside and AK)
Those would help tremendously.

Goofyernmost

Those would help tremendously.
That would help very little. It wouldn't help me at all and wouldn't those that are able to walk it easily be part of the germ obsessed community and not want to go there at all. Remember there is a crowd at the end of the sidewalk. The same crowd that is at the end of the Bus route, the Monorail route and the Gondola Route, the small boats, the minnie vans that have upholstery, carpets and door handles, and every object on every item in every park. How much does anyone think they can hide from this virus anyway? If one is going to go, they might just as well own the responsibility if they get sick. No amount of masks, hand-washing or disinfectant will protect anyone from it if their body is unable to ward off the virus. At home, and in controlled situations, they have a chance. In a theme park, it is just throwing caution to the wind. Proceed at your own risk.

nickys

Premium Member
That would help very little. It wouldn't help me at all and wouldn't those that are able to walk it easily be part of the germ obsessed community and not want to go there at all. Remember there is a crowd at the end of the sidewalk. The same crowd that is at the end of the Bus route, the Monorail route and the Gondola Route, the small boats, the minnie vans that have upholstery, carpets and door handles, and every object on every item in every park. How much does anyone think they can hide from this virus anyway? If one is going to go, they might just as well own the responsibility if they get sick. No amount of masks, hand-washing or disinfectant will protect anyone from it if their body is unable to ward off the virus. At home, and in controlled situations, they have a chance. In a theme park, it is just throwing caution to the wind. Proceed at your own risk.

Why would those who are happy to walk from GF be germ-obsessed? Surely they’d be the fit, healthy guests? And it would probably be quicker than the wait for the half filled buses or whatever.

Anyone who stays and visits in the first few months are highly unlikely to be afraid of the virus.

Last edited:

crawale

They have the capability to track you. The magic band has a transmitter in it. That's how you can get a picture of yourself on a ride. All they have to do is add receivers throughout the parks. Who knows they have been there all along.
Three years ago we had an issue with my grandson swiping his band twice on a ride. About 30 minutes later Disney called my cell to ask if we had resolved the issue so of course they are tracking you all the time.

Goofyernmost

Why would those who are happy to walk from GF be germ-obsessed? Surely they’d be the fit, healthy guests? And it would probably be quicker than the wait for the half filled buses or whatever.

Anyone who stays and visits in the first few months are highly unlikely to be afraid of the virus.
They aren't necessarily, but walking is all one does at WDW. Just one day at MK can easily hit 10 or more miles. Doing that requires a very healthy body and be it because of being a germophobe or genetics, it is a very limited number of people. So, if I were concerned about my health 24/7 then the last place I would be is mingling in a large group of germ carrying humans. Plus the part of what I wrote was that the benefit that would be gained by walking to MK from the Grand Floridian would be quickly cancelled out by what is encountered once you entered the park. So, my point was that avoiding the transit to walk there thinking that you just dodged any threat of illness is like peeing in the ocean and expecting to see the rise in the sea level.

So to use your own sentence if they are unlikely to be afraid of the virus then why would they not take the transit. Basically, those that walk would have walked anyway, so it won't help tremendously in relation to avoiding illness.

Goofyernmost

Three years ago we had an issue with my grandson swiping his band twice on a ride. About 30 minutes later Disney called my cell to ask if we had resolved the issue so of course they are tracking you all the time.
They always did track you all the time except before high tech took over they tracked you exclusively by camera (that still exists). Because they have the ability to track doesn't mean that there is a large group of sinister looking men dressed in black tracking each individual, by name, in the thousands of guests that are there at any given moment. If you lost a child in that crowd, believe me you would praise the ability they have to locate your child. Something they weren't doing until you asked them too. Why because they didn't have any reason to do so. You are sighting an incident were something unusual happened and it was connected to a band that was in your name. If that hadn't happened I'm at a loss to figure out what is accomplished by monitoring every single person as a matter of normal procedure. But, I'm sure that there is a conspiracy for everything, so I'm sure some evil must be taking place.

nickys

Premium Member
They aren't necessarily, but walking is all one does at WDW. Just one day at MK can easily hit 10 or more miles. Doing that requires a very healthy body and be it because of being a germophobe or genetics, it is a very limited number of people. So, if I were concerned about my health 24/7 then the last place I would be is mingling in a large group of germ carrying humans. Plus the part of what I wrote was that the benefit that would be gained by walking to MK from the Grand Floridian would be quickly cancelled out by what is encountered once you entered the park. So, my point was that avoiding the transit to walk there thinking that you just dodged any threat of illness is like peeing in the ocean and expecting to see the rise in the sea level.

So to use your own sentence if they are unlikely to be afraid of the virus then why would they not take the transit. Basically, those that walk would have walked anyway, so it won't help tremendously in relation to avoiding illness.

Fair enough. But I can’t agree with this:

“Just one day at MK can easily hit 10 or more miles. Doing that requires a very healthy body and be it because of being a germophobe or genetics, it is a very limited number of people”.

Agreed on distance, but the vast majority of guests at WDW manage to walk all day just fine.

It may be a limited number who would ordinarily choose to walk from GF (or even the Poly), but if the alternative is having to wait for a bus (not the usual monorail) which is going to be half full at best so likely waiting for quite some time, my guess is many would just walk.

Goofyernmost

Fair enough. But I can’t agree with this:

“Just one day at MK can easily hit 10 or more miles. Doing that requires a very healthy body and be it because of being a germophobe or genetics, it is a very limited number of people”.

Agreed on distance, but the vast majority of guests at WDW manage to walk all day just fine.

It may be a limited number who would ordinarily choose to walk from GF (or even the Poly), but if the alternative is having to wait for a bus (not the usual monorail) which is going to be half full at best so likely waiting for quite some time, my guess is many would just walk.
Agreed, but that doesn't have anything to do with avoiding Covid 19.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom