News Reopening Walt Disney World - an official statement

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney releases statement on reopening the parks

Shanghai Disneyland will reopen to the public on May 11, and offers a glimpse of how a reopening at Walt Disney World may look

Last edited:

GrumpyFan

I expect similar measures for WDW to be rolled out, as they are doing with Shanghai.

1. Purchase dated admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland prior to their arrival, as on-site sales will not be available. Annual Pass holders must make a reservation for their visit date and time through Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels before their visit to the park. During this “Advanced Reservation Period,” General Admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland will not be accepted;**
  2. Provide basic personal information for each guest visiting the park, including name, phone number, ID type and ID number via Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels after purchasing a ticket and prior to arriving at the resort. A Shanghai Disneyland Reservation QR Code will be provided after the successful submission of the required identification information, and guests will be required to present the code before entering the theme park;
  3. Register for the Health QR Code prior to their arrival, which will be required to be presented upon entering any location at Shanghai Disney Resort. Only guests with a green Health QR Code will be allowed to enter the resort;
  4. Be prepared to present a China government ID card, or valid travel document, for each guest at the park turnstiles (photos or printed copies will not be accepted);
  5. Undergo temperature screening procedures upon arrival; and
  6. Wear an approved mask during the entire visit to the resort except when dining.

NoBreyner60

Does anyone know how long that green QR code is good for. It's supposed to be proof to be virus free, but that can change at any time.

GrumpyFan

Some of this is government mandated. The "green QR code", for example, isn't going to exist in the states.
Of course, I think it should go without saying, (but I'll say it anyway ;)) China is completely different and can get away with a lot heavier requirements on guests. I suspect Disney (domestic, U.S.) is looking very heavily into the legal ramifications of what they can and cannot require for guests upon reopening.

NoBreyner60

I think the more difficult Disney makes it to get in the more reluctant people will be to show up. I don't want to schedule a Doctor's visit less than a week before a vacation so I can get into the parks. Not that I think the QR code thing will work here.

WDW Pro

I expect similar measures for WDW to be rolled out, as they are doing with Shanghai.

One thing to note, Shanghai guests are likely being tracked through ID as to their prior travels and health issues. That's probably why Disney will be doing questionnaires and medical screenings in domestic resorts, as we do not track citizen movement in the United States (unless you're just a really interesting person).

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Interesting. Wife and myself have reservations with Park Hoppers for December. I doubt they have only taken reservations for up to 30% of capacity as it gets closer to the holidays. Would they be overbooked if they are open? How might they rectify this? It will be interesting to watch this all unfold. There are no easy answers and there are many, many questions.

robhedin

Interesting. Wife and myself have reservations with Park Hoppers for December. I doubt they have only taken reservations for up to 30% of capacity as it gets closer to the holidays. Would they be overbooked if they are open? How might they rectify this? It will be interesting to watch this all unfold. There are no easy answers and there are many, many questions.
This completely depends on a) if they're open and b) what their capacity limits are at that time.

Assuming that some here are correct and they begin opening the parks in a June/July timeframe, I'd hope for higher capacity limits and/or more than one park being open 5 months later.

But yeah... times are getting ready to be interesting.

ThatMouse

What kind of refund do Shanghai Disneyland annual passholders get? I'm hoping as WDW passholders we have the option to get more of a refund than just the couple months it was closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom