Politics Reopening Rally to Be Held Outside Disneyland on Saturday, October 17th

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

lazyboy97o

”Dozen.” “More than 20.” You may have created publicity but it is not going to generate the reaction you want. There are probably more businesses affected by the continued closure than people who showed up. Getting a union involved probably would have driven more involvement.

Disstevefan1

>>Now, in a bid to appeal to California Governor Gavin Newsom, some passionate Disneyland lovers have put together a rally that will be held on Harbor Boulevard in front of Disneyland this weekend on Saturday, October 17.

On Facebook, event hosts Natasha Ramirez and Desi d’Amani shared this description:

https:///2020/10/disneyland-reopeni...Kzqn8hArS2l8e3rkJgue0JN4TJ-noIK2gbgPKJpx4vZfo
It’s about time !

lazyboy97o

I think turn out was so low that the people who organized this probably didnt mind the recall group showing up.

As for why CMs wouldnt go, I'm sure most of them have moved on to looking for other work than bothering to want to work for Disney ever again. Time is better spent filling out applications than convincing the governor to open your old workplace that fired you.
This was clearly political. They were there because the organizers are clearly sympathetic to their goal and the unions were not because they are not politically aligned.

George Lucas on a Bench

20201018_121831.jpg

I could have been famous.

cmwade77

Anyone that orders In N Out with having them add the chilis to their burger is a fool. I think they even grill them too if you ask... but having a few sliced chilis really takes an animal style double double up a notch.
I am going to have to find out if they will grill them, this is important research! LOL

cmwade77

Yep its what I feared, sparsely attended and mostly just by the "Recall Newsom" group which isn't very many.

So unless the crowds start showing up by the thousands after noon its going to be seen as 1. a joke of an event and 2. seen as not really many want Disneyland to reopen any time soon.
I would have considered going, but I opted to go to the Safari Park instead, as well, it is actually open.

cmwade77

People still care about Disneyland. Most people, however, have far more important concerns on their minds right now than theme parks.
Actually, there isn't much that is more important than theme parks and all other businesses that are still closed right now, the longer it continues, the worse the economy will be and will soon all be out of a job. Do not underestimate the importance of theme parks in Southern California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom