Reopening Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't know how far along this bill is, but I do know that it's up to Newsom to sign it. There is a chance he could veto it. I hope he doesn't, though.
Well I can't say for sure what will happen. However my impression of where things are now is that it will be signed by Newsom if passed in the Legislature. Its scheduled to go up for debate next week, a vote should happen soon after. So we could see something happen at earliest by the end of the month.

But I had heard, though, that some are making it difficult for blacks and Latinos to get it, and some may not even want the vaccine, which would hinder things a bit.
Again that is the whole point on this change. So part of the change is that 40% of vaccines sent to California will be set aside for distribution in the lower income communities. So the goal is to make sure that these communities are ACTUALLY getting the vaccine by distributing it right in the communities. So instead of the members of these communities being required to go to a vaccination site, the vaccination site will go right to them. This is expected to increase the numbers of those vaccinated more quickly directly leading to keeping infection numbers low in these communities. Hence the reason why the tier system is tied to vaccination in these communities, to make sure case number remain low and allow counties to reopen faster.

TP2000

Or if Cancel Culture stops allowing SNL from making jokes...

Funny how it's always the cranky old white men who complain they can't be offensive anymore... or bring it up as well.
If the only way someone can be funny is by using offensive material, then they probably never were funny to begin with.

Yeah, that John Cleese; what a total nobody hack. Not a funny bone in his entire body. And he'll never have a career in comedy! :rolleyes:

But hey, at least it's okay to criticize his race and gender, right @RescueTheDay? I mean, a person's race and gender are open game for criticism and derision, as your posts clearly prove.

Forget what his ideas are or what his words are or the content of his character, just criticize him based on his race and his gender. ;)

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

>>Tourism officials have called on Gov. Gavin Newsom to issue guidelines for their industry.

"These events are planned years, months in advance and so they've gotta make plans, so getting the guidelines we think would send a great message to our clients to say, California's serious about it and here's what we're doing," said Burress.

In the meantime, Visit Anaheim is trying to innovate for a brighter future.

Many events have already chosen new locations that have eased restrictions like in Florida, Texas and Nevada.<<

mikenatcity1

Dunno, Newsom is still a young guy, in a few years after this is all but a distant memory a Senate or Presidential run might still be possible.

So I wouldn't count him out as having a political future.
I agree- once CA is open or near a "normal" that is wanted, the feelings for him could die down. He won't be stopping people from living their lives.

I was speechless when my family in Ohio told me about the announcement from their Governor that he will start dropping all restrictions when their state gets to 50 cases/100k because they are at 179 cases/100k. They instantly think California is still above those number...

ToTBellHop

I agree- once CA is open or near a "normal" that is wanted, the feelings for him could die down. He won't be stopping people from living their lives.

I was speechless when my family in Ohio told me about the announcement from their Governor that he will start dropping all restrictions when their state gets to 50 cases/100k because they are at 179 cases/100k. They instantly think California is still above those number...
You don’t think Kamala Harris, in a primary debate, would point out French Laundry-gate?

mharrington

So part of the change is that 40% of vaccines sent to California will be set aside for distribution in the lower income communities. So the goal is to make sure that these communities are ACTUALLY getting the vaccine by distributing it right in the communities. So instead of the members of these communities being required to go to a vaccination site, the vaccination site will go right to them. This is expected to increase the numbers of those vaccinated more quickly directly leading to keeping infection numbers low in these communities. Hence the reason why the tier system is tied to vaccination in these communities, to make sure case number remain low and allow counties to reopen faster.

I have read, however, about the need for equity in order for this to work and that it's not always there.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have read, however, about the need for equity in order for this to work and that it's not always there.
Once again this process will literally take the vaccines right to these communities. So if they taking the vaccine right to the lower income areas which are predominately communities of African Americans, Latinos, and Asians, how is that not providing equity?

DCBaker

Premium Member
"California theme parks can reopen April 1 under updated guidelines from the state’s health department following a year of coronavirus closures that cost the parks billions and forced them to shed tens of thousands of jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The new California theme park guidelines and opening date are part of a “refresh” of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s four-tier Blueprint for a Safer Economy.

California theme parks have been closed since March 2020 under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. Many parks have partially reopened for special events and food festivals without rides.

The Newsom administration’s “Blueprint Refresh” allows Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks to reopen as early as April 1 once the counties they are located in reach the red/substantial tier 2 risk status.

Starting on April 1, California theme parks can reopen at 15% capacity in the red/substantial tier 2.

Capacity levels will shift in the orange/moderate tier 3 and yellow/minimal tier 4.

Theme park attendance will be limited to California residents. Updated guidelines will be worked out over the next couple of weeks in partnership with theme parks.

“We appreciate the administration’s willingness to work with the state’s theme parks on the finer details of the plan so parks can responsibly reopen soon, putting people safely back to work and reinvigorating local economies,” California Attractions and Parks Association executive director Erin Guerrero said in a statement.

Most California counties with major theme parks still remain in the most-restrictive purple/widespread tier 1 risk level — including Orange (Disneyland and Knott’s), Los Angeles County (Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain), San Diego (SeaWorld and Legoland) and Solano (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom).

Orange and Los Angeles counties are expected to move into the red/substantial tier 2 next week — meaning Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s, Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain could reopen on April 1.

Santa Clara County — home to California’s Great America — is currently in the red/substantial tier 2 risk level. The Santa Clara amusement park has already set a reopening date of May 22.

Under the revised theme park guidelines, capacity limits will be placed on indoor rides and attractions.

The move is an abrupt about-face from the “slow, stubborn and stringent” approach to reopening California theme parks taken by the Newsom administration last fall.

In October, California officials issued separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state — with small parks allowed to reopen in the orange/moderate tier 3 while large parks could return in yellow/minimal tier 4. Attendance capacity was set at 25% in both tiers.

The California Attractions and Parks Association said the initial guidelines issued in October would keep the state’s large theme parks “closed Indefinitely.”

The “Blueprint Refresh” no longer makes a distinction between large and small California theme parks."

ppt=10335;g=ocr1_formers_jan-2021;gid=31611;ord=3291148170430.318;v=120

Disney Irish

Premium Member
"California theme parks can reopen April 1 under updated guidelines from the state’s health department following a year of coronavirus closures that cost the parks billions and forced them to shed tens of thousands of jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The new California theme park guidelines and opening date are part of a “refresh” of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s four-tier Blueprint for a Safer Economy.

California theme parks have been closed since March 2020 under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state. Many parks have partially reopened for special events and food festivals without rides.

The Newsom administration’s “Blueprint Refresh” allows Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other California theme parks to reopen as early as April 1 once the counties they are located in reach the red/substantial tier 2 risk status.

Starting on April 1, California theme parks can reopen at 15% capacity in the red/substantial tier 2.

Capacity levels will shift in the orange/moderate tier 3 and yellow/minimal tier 4.

Theme park attendance will be limited to California residents. Updated guidelines will be worked out over the next couple of weeks in partnership with theme parks.

“We appreciate the administration’s willingness to work with the state’s theme parks on the finer details of the plan so parks can responsibly reopen soon, putting people safely back to work and reinvigorating local economies,” California Attractions and Parks Association executive director Erin Guerrero said in a statement.

Most California counties with major theme parks still remain in the most-restrictive purple/widespread tier 1 risk level — including Orange (Disneyland and Knott’s), Los Angeles County (Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain), San Diego (SeaWorld and Legoland) and Solano (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom).

Orange and Los Angeles counties are expected to move into the red/substantial tier 2 next week — meaning Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s, Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain could reopen on April 1.

Santa Clara County — home to California’s Great America — is currently in the red/substantial tier 2 risk level. The Santa Clara amusement park has already set a reopening date of May 22.

Under the revised theme park guidelines, capacity limits will be placed on indoor rides and attractions.

The move is an abrupt about-face from the “slow, stubborn and stringent” approach to reopening California theme parks taken by the Newsom administration last fall.

In October, California officials issued separate reopening guidelines for smaller and larger theme parks in the state — with small parks allowed to reopen in the orange/moderate tier 3 while large parks could return in yellow/minimal tier 4. Attendance capacity was set at 25% in both tiers.

The California Attractions and Parks Association said the initial guidelines issued in October would keep the state’s large theme parks “closed Indefinitely.”

The “Blueprint Refresh” no longer makes a distinction between large and small California theme parks."

And there you go, as predicted the tiers changed in order to allow reopening this spring.

jrhwdw

Not a joke, but I doubt that every park will reopen on the 1st. (Time to cancel events, and be ready to open on the 1st).
You thinking Taste Of Disney is now canceled so DLR can Reopen? Or would DLR wait till after Taste Of Disney?

milordsloth

Fantastic news!! I was starting to plan a WDW trip but was waiting to see if local parks would open before summer... I can't wait to finally get back in to the parks!

Emmanuel

You thinking Taste Of Disney is now canceled so DLR can Reopen? Or would DLR wait till after Taste Of Disney?

I would say they'll let Taste of Disney play out then reopen after. They need time to bring back what CMs they can for both parks and that process could have them reopen after April 1

Disney Analyst

Not a joke, but I doubt that every park will reopen on the 1st. (Time to cancel events, and be ready to open on the 1st).

I can’t imagine Disney would be ready to rehire and train that many for an April 1st open. Especially at 15% capacity.

Perhaps by late April, early May.

As it will be such a small capacity and limited to CA residents only, if I was the decision maker I would try and run one shift only, for labour cost, and operate on an afternoon/evening model.

Open parks 12-7 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom