Reopening Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkbeer1

Anyone know if they have the same/similar rules in place for Downtown Disney and the upcoming food festival?

Yes, those are the current rules at DtD, and Buena Vista Street/DCA.

Knott's and SeaWorld also have the same policy.

No Gaiters, vent masks, etc. If you use a shield, you must also wear a mask.

Knott's and SeaWorld have "Relaxation" zones where you can be maskless without having food/drink. Not sure about A Taste of Disney. For DtD, your vehicle is the Relaxation Zone.

Last edited:

EpcotCentre1982

Knott's and SeaWorld have "Relaxation" zones wear you can be maskless without having food/drink. Not sure about A Taste of Disney. For DtD, your vehicle is the Relaxation Zone.
I remember reading when city walk reopened one of their restaurants even had similar policies written in their menus. It isn't really new just reenforcing. But being disney everyone is freaking out (if you read the comments)

ToTBellHop

Knott's and SeaWorld have "Relaxation" zones wear you can be maskless without having food/drink. Not sure about A Taste of Disney. For DtD, your vehicle is the Relaxation Zone.
The new addition for WDW is that you need to keep your mask on while at a restaurant unless actively eating. So mask stays on while you order and wait for your drinks to arrive. I don’t think it’s a big deal but some do. I always put my mask on at restaurants while ordering--especially since my state decided to not prioritize vaccines for essential workers. Ugh.

We were being told for weeks we’d get our vaccines in March. Now it will be mid-April for me.

el_super

That said, there may also be sufficient risk that any findings in this report that would not behoove theme park operators. My advice to Newsom’s staff would be to recognize sunlight is the best disinfectant, and that it may just be easier to join the chorus calling for an opening in Orange tier. 😉

I'd agree with this. The sudden and really dramatic change in WDW's mask requirements would seemingly point to deficiencies in enforcement that could potentially open up Disney to lawsuits and delayed reopening. If that is the case, there's no reason why the governor's office should keep that information from the public.

Unless Disney asked them to.

mharrington

I know I quoted this post before, but I have something else to add to it...

As for the altering the tier system, there isn't anything explicitly stating that it will change in spring. However its been said during press conferences and its displayed right on the tier system web page that its second goal is to keep case rates as low as possible during the fall/winter season:

"2. To aggressively reduce case transmission to as low a rate as possible across the state so the potential burden of flu and COVID-19 in the late fall and winter does not challenge our healthcare delivery system's ability to surge with space, supplies and staff. Also, with winter weather pushing more activities indoors, low levels of transmission in the community will make large outbreaks in these riskier settings less likely. "

So given the fact they indicate that this is for the fall/winter season shows the tier system can and likely will be at least changed if not replaced in spring.

I hate to say it, but again, unless/until the government actually announces something (or at the very least hints at it), I'm going to have to assume things have not changed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I know I quoted this post before, but I have something else to add to it...

I hate to say it, but again, unless/until the government actually announces something (or at the very least hints at it), I'm going to have to assume things have not changed.
Of course nothing has changed yet. But you've been asking for indication that Newsom and his team are changing their stance and could change the tier system. I've now provided you several examples of indications on Newsom and team changing their stance and potentially changing the tier system, including right in the tier system where it says its for the fall/winter season.

mharrington

Of course nothing has changed yet. But you've been asking for indication that Newsom and his team are changing their stance and could change the tier system. I've now provided you several examples of indications on Newsom and team changing their stance and potentially changing the tier system, including right in the tier system where it says its for the fall/winter season.

Well, once again, I'm going to have to reserve judgement until he says something. That's just how I am.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, once again, I'm going to have to reserve judgement until he says something. That's just how I am.
And that is fine, no one is saying its a for sure thing that is going to happen. But all indications point to a change in the tier system in the spring. You've asked for those indications, they've been provided to you. Now we just have to wait and see what happens in the spring and see if a change happens or not.

For now cases remain low, and the vaccination program is chugging along. Again there is bright light at the end of the very long dark tunnel we've been in for the last year. We just need to be patient a bit longer and we'll see a return to somewhat normality here soon.

Last edited:

mharrington

And that is fine, no one is saying its a for sure thing that is going to happen. But all indications point to a change in the tier system in the spring. You've asked for those indications, they've been provided to you. Now we just have to wait and see what happens in the spring and see if a change happens or not.

For now cases remain low, and the vaccination program is chugging along. Again there is bright light at the end of the very long dark tunnel we've been in for the last year. We just need to be patient a bit longer and we'll see a return to somewhat normality here soon.

It's just that I would hate for us to come this far and then have something happen to undo everything.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's just that I would hate for us to come this far and then have something happen to undo everything.
We obviously don’t know what will happen in the future. However there is no reason at this point with the vaccination program underway to believe that everything will be undone. A majority of medical professionals at this point including Fauci believe the worst is beyond us and that a majority of Americans will have been vaccinated by summer.

Also a lot of counties will be moving back into Red and Orange tiers next week.

So we just have to be patient. Things are a lot brighter. We’ll all have the opportunity to be back at Disneyland having a churro before you know it.

TP2000

As a follow up to my previous post from several weeks back regarding the CA Public Records Act (FOIA).

The Governor’s office is claiming process privilege in refusing to share the findings from their trip to Florida last Fall per the request below. If the litigants had standing this could presumably be challenged since the case law on this is quite murky but more recent case law has found that claiming such a broad process privilege exemption likely would not grant this level of umbrella protection from release.

Additionally names and confidential information could still be retracted as was ruled in two recent cases: Citizens for Local Government v. City of Lodi; and Caldecott v. Court of Orange County.

That said, there may also be sufficient risk that any findings in this report that would not behoove theme park operators. My advice to Newsom’s staff would be to recognize sunlight is the best disinfectant, and that it may just be easier to join the chorus calling for an opening in Orange tier. 😉

Mods - Apologies if this link can’t be shared on this forum.

WOW!

That's shocking, and yet not shocking coming from our betters in Sacramento.

So much for transparency from our state government, huh? :oops:

mharrington

WOW!

That's shocking, and yet not shocking coming from our betters in Sacramento.

So much for transparency from our state government, huh? :oops:

Having read from @BuzzedPotatoHead89 and @TP2000 about Sacramento's refusal to share what it found in Florida, @Disney Irish, do you know what it means for CA parks reopening? It's pretty confusing. If they are going to change the tiered reopening plans, as you claim they are likely to do, shouldn't they publicly display what they knew?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Having read from @BuzzedPotatoHead89 and @TP2000 about Sacramento's refusal to share what it found in Florida, @Disney Irish, do you know what it means for CA parks reopening? It's pretty confusing. If they are going to change the tiered reopening plans, as you claim they are likely to do, shouldn't they publicly display what they knew?
At the moment it changes nothing for the CA Theme Parks reopening as the tier system is still in place. Whether they change the tier system in spring still remains to be seen. And if they do change the tier system what they found on their trip is meaningless at that point since it no longer applies.

Ultimately this is a big nothing story in my opinion. Just because its not shared doesn't mean there is something nefarious going on. Information that informs governmental decisions aren't always released to the public for various reasons. Would it be interesting to see it, sure. But is it vital that we see it, no.

EpcotCentre1982

I honestly believe that theme parks are safe. Safer than the normal grocery store or target and I think they know that. I still have a feeling he doesn't want these huge tourist destinations open so that people won't travel and cause more of a potential spread. It became more clear with that rumored opening guidelines being only in certain miles radius away from the parks. Didn't Disney supposedly say no to that? It might bring people in but only a short time before they run out of customers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I honestly believe that theme parks are safe. Safer than the normal grocery store or target and I think they know that. I still have a feeling he doesn't want these huge tourist destinations open so that people won't travel and cause more of a potential spread. It became more clear with that rumored opening guidelines being only in certain miles radius away from the parks. Didn't Disney supposedly say no to that? It might bring people in but only a short time before they run out of customers.

Correct, this was never about the theme parks themselves. It was always always always about the amount of tourists they bring from outside the local region potentially leading to a spread of COVID. Had Disney (and the other park operators) initially agreed to an distance radius limit for guests they likely would have been opened by now.

mharrington

Correct, this was never about the theme parks themselves. It was always always always about the amount of tourists they bring from outside the local region potentially leading to a spread of COVID. Had Disney (and the other park operators) initially agreed to an distance radius limit for guests they likely would have been opened by now.

So, even if the reopening guidelines do change, would Disneyland still not reopen because of the radius distance limit?

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
I received a survey today from DL.com. You can see the key indicators that show/confirm 1) parks are going to be single visit, non park hopper (this was being debated and speculated as DLP allowed hopping but not WDW) 2) you have to select a specific TIME RANGe of entry. And 3) the replacement AP program is not going to be unveiled before opening.
Any idea why the survey is popping up NOW? I am hearing a lot of rumblings and trying to see if someone else has either a) seen this survey in the past when they were about to reopen or b) heard any reopening news.
6A76092D-509E-409B-81D2-0807A00D5249.png
66B78C56-E141-4578-83BB-41111C2D10D3.png
D8CBD517-45E9-4A66-8E04-499237EAC0F4.png
6A76092D-509E-409B-81D2-0807A00D5249.png
66B78C56-E141-4578-83BB-41111C2D10D3.png
D8CBD517-45E9-4A66-8E04-499237EAC0F4.png
29CB66C9-B9C9-411C-81FD-539C9BEC9796.png
E52E1C86-98E1-4087-A04E-C6AAEFEF5F4B.png
1B5B4702-833E-4457-9D9C-77EDD5FA5D4A.png
67A1AC4B-842A-4FF3-A566-6940531AE0B4.png
775B9464-D0A9-46EC-A3E5-70C3B71B8564.png
D4A176AD-A6C3-4CE0-87B8-2F9F711A7FF1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom