Renting points? How many needed

noname70

Original Poster
Would a DVC vet out there be able to tell me how many points I would need to rent for a 5 night weekday stay at BWV? (check in sun - check out friday)
Jan 8 -13.
We were told to try renting points first before taking the plunge and buying (a broker is selling preowned BWV).

dflye

Depending upon the size of the room you want, here's the breakdown:

• 12 pts x 5 nights = 60 pts -- Studio - Preferred View
  • 9 x 5 = 45 pts -- Studio - Standard View
  • 22 x 5 = 110 pts -- One BR - Preferred View
  • 16 x 5 = 80 pts -- One BR - Standard View
  • 30 x 5 = 150 pts -- Two BR - Preferred View
  • 24 x 5 = 120 pts -- Two BR - Standard View
  • 74 x 5 = 370 pts -- Grand Villa - Preferred View only

Here's the complete point chart if you want other dates...
BWV2006.jpg

noname70

Original Poster
Thanks a bunch-I was thinking studio. Is there much of a difference in the preferred vs. studio? Is it only a view or is it also a better location (closer to ammenitites etc)?

thanks again

DisneyPhD

:sohappy: The big differnce is the amount of points. There isn't as many standard views so they go 1st (great rate). Do you know if there is avilabilty? We are going Jan 4th to 11th and the only DVC resort with opening for a studio at that time is SSR. ( I just called a few days ago, he said there was a lot of room at SSR) The marathon is that weekend so maybe the weekend after would be better. It is value season so the amount of points needed is rather low. It is 95 points at SSR for the week we want. Only staying Sun to Friday can be a great way to strech points.

Good luck. Once you go DVC you don't want to go back. :sohappy:

dflye

noname70 said:
Is there much of a difference in the preferred vs. studio? Is it only a view or is it also a better location (closer to ammenitites etc)?
Having not stayed at that particular DVC property myself, just at OKW, VB and HH, best I can do is refer you to the map below from this page on WDWInfo.

It would appear that the preferred rooms are mostly about view, and some of the more distant standard rooms would be a short walk back to the lobby.

One thing I would say about the rooms that overlook the main lake, the BW area is up loud and late, so don't expect a quiet time on your balcony, for that you'd want a standard room :)

boardwalk.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom