Renting points for a trip In December.

lizlovesdisney87

Original Poster
We decided to booking renting DVC points for our next trip in early December and are having trouble getting ahold of some points!!! Had to deal with resort availability (didn’t realize this was the most popular time of year for dvc 🤦‍♀️) and having found a resort and room we want we cannot find anyone that has points to rent from! We are going through David’s and DVC rental store. Anyone have experience with this? We are just on hold waiting to hear that they found someone with points we need. Anyone have experience with how long of a wait we may have?? Trying to stay at BLT. Thanks!

lizlovesdisney87

Original Poster
What room type? Have you tried different views there to see if it free? Are you open to other locations?
1 BR Lake view is what’s available. We really wanted to be on the monorail and have some room for the kids so we ended up there because GF had no availability in the standard view 1 BR or studio and the same with the poly. We wanted to hold out for this room as long as possible due to being on the monorail but would be open to beach club or boardwalk as a backups

Last edited:

correcaminos

1 BR Lake view is what’s available. We really wanted to be on the monorail and have some room for the kids so we ended up there because GF had no availability in the standard view 1 BR or studio and the same with the poly. We wanted to hold out for this room as long as possible due to being on the monorail but would be open to beach club or boardwalk as a backups
For BLT standard views go first followed by Theme Park View. At this point Lake view will be your only choice there. BCV will be harder than BWV but you may not get standard view at BWV either. Personally I like the extra bathroom in BLT so that would be my pick.

As for how long a wait, that all depends on owners. That's not something anyone can guess. I would look at private rentals as well

lizlovesdisney87

Original Poster
For BLT standard views go first followed by Theme Park View. At this point Lake view will be your only choice there. BCV will be harder than BWV but you may not get standard view at BWV either. Personally I like the extra bathroom in BLT so that would be my pick.

As for how long a wait, that all depends on owners. That's not something anyone can guess. I would look at private rentals as well
Is there somewhere to look for private rentals? This is all new to me!

FCivish3

Is there somewhere to look for private rentals? This is all new to me!
I recommend you go to one of the established, well known websites that have 'Rental Boards' such as

OR,
or,
or

SCB1012

Hi! I have a 2BR Lake View villa at GF for Nov 29-Dec 4 that we are no longer able to use but cannot get out of the rental (we rented through the DVC Rental Store). Let me know if you're interested!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We have already listed 147 available DVC points, EXP 3-2021, with David's. Home Resort: BRV. Those points are good at any DVC, at the 7 month mark (assuming Resort availability).

We also have 179 available points, listed with Davids Rentals. These points expire 1/31/2021. We have 129 at the WL and 50 at the BC, however they can be used at any resort

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom