Renting Grand Villas through a broker

BigThunderMatt

Original Poster
Anybody have any practical experience with this? How successful you were in obtaining one? How long was your stay?

Just looking for some insight.

nickys

Premium Member
Anybody have any practical experience with this? How successful you were in obtaining one? How long was your stay?

Just looking for some insight.

I haven’t tried, so no personal experience to offer.

But as a DVC owner I can offer some pointers.

Firstly the obvious - a GV is a lot of points, OKW is the “cheapest” points wise. Depending on how long you’re wanting to rent it for, you’ll need an owner looking to rent out a lot of points. Either someone who owns hundreds, or someone renting out more than one year’s worth.

There are also very few GVs so that’s another problem, you will need home resort points so it can be booked at 11 months or soon after.

I would contact one or more brokers and ask their advice. It might be you’d need to piece together multiple reservations of one, two or three nights.

Secondly, have you checked the sleeping arrangements? Two 2-bed villas sleep more people, are cheaper points wise, and offer more flexible sleeping arrangements for a group.

A 3-bed has a master with king, a second bedroom with two queens and typically a third with two doubles. And there are two sleeper sofas, although the maximum occupancy is 12 plus an infant.

Two dedicated 2-beds would give you two masters, and two further rooms with two queens. Plus a sleeper sofa (double). And at Kidani, BLT and OKW you would get a sleeper twin chair too.

Two lock-offs are similar but the second bedroom in each would have a queen plus sleeper sofa, and sometimes a pull down child bed.

The downside is they may not be next to each other, and could be in different buildings or far apart. But it would be easier to find two owners with enough points. And the broker could ask them to put in a request to be near each other, quoting the other reservation#.

I hope this has given you something to think about, which may be a better option. Of course I can see the attraction of a GV but it may not be feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom