Renting a scooter or wheelchair at the parks

MissViv

Original Poster
If you rent a scooter at the park and then want to leave and go back to your hotel, is the scooter held for you to come back later that evening and use again.

I know that you rent it for the day so thought maybe this option would be available.

Bairstow

I wouldn’t recommend attempting to hope there will be one available upon your return, especially if you go during busier times of the year. It would be easier to rent from an outside company that way you can have it with you at all times, if that’s an option of course

We've had good experiences using the third-party rentals, where you pick up and drop off the equipment with Disney resort staff. The only downside is that you'll need to get whatever you're using on and off Disney transport to get it to the parks.

JusticeDisney

They will hold it for you until 6pm, then all bets are off. At least that’s what they did for someone I was with when we were there last week.

MissViv

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies.

According to WDW website, you can rent a wheelchair for length of stay for $10/day and leave and pick up at any park as long as there is availability.

The scooter is rented per day and for the whole day, so they will hold it for you if you are going to return to the park later that evening.

This is good to know. I have never used a wheelchair or scooter but my knees are shot (time for knee replacement surgery). I can walk but would not do good very long without sitting down. I do not want to deal with a scooter on the buses or monorail (if possible) so renting at the parks would be my preference.

I really HATE, HATE, HATE that I will have to use one at all but I really don't want to cancel our upcoming trip with family.

scarr13311

I rent a EVC thru Buena Vista scooters and get the portable scooter that comes apart. Service is great and the cost is much better then renting from the park and you are ensured to have one for each day you are at WDW. They deliver to and pick-up from the resorts and offer a discount if you are staying at Disney resorts. Hope this helps!!

MissViv

Original Poster
Thanks I will look into Buena Vista. Was just hoping to avoid the scooter on buses. I hate to hold other people up, especially when I can walk. But …. I am sure there are tons of others in this same situation.

George1995

They will usually hold it for you but I think they ask for a specific time for you to come back and pick it up. As long as you're back by that time then I don't think you'll have a problem!

ninjaprincesst

They will usually hold it for you but I think they ask for a specific time for you to come back and pick it up. As long as you're back by that time then I don't think you'll have a problem!
just be aware the hold really isn't a hold and that all it takes is one person coming in that wants a scooter and the scooter goes to them, it happened to my Dad and we just find it easier (and cheaper) to rent one offsite so he always has it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom