Renting a home near Disney World

Atta83

Turkey lane, Turkey dr, .. it was Turkey something.

Yeah I know which street you are talking about. Its a pretty nice neighborhood. Most of the houses are owned by people who are permenant residents while others are vacation homes. Its close to plenty of resturants and shopping centers, it takes about 20 mintues to get to the Magic Kingdom parking plaza which isnt to shabby!

SamnDawn060304

Can anyone recommend the best area to rent a house near Disneyworld? There seems to be so many houses to rent on the internet, how do you chose the best one?

i have rented this house twice it is very nice and so is the neighborhood.
www.sjsvillas.com you are renting directly from the owners so what you see is what you get not like with a broker.:sohappy:

mom2of2

Just booked 9 days at a home in Indian Ridge Oaks Community. Anyone familiar with this community? (I'm psyched, and can't wait) :sohappy:

Indian Ridge Oaks is an older community but still decent. It's pretty close to the parks, Animal Kingdom is closest. There is a nice Publix in Championsgate not to far away. Lots of kids live in the community, since most pple are full time residents.

usnret04

I just read a trip report on another forum where the family rented a house with a pool and loved it. They used their AAA for parking passes at the parks. They liked having their own pool, having pizza hut deliver dinner at the end of the day, and when it was raining they came back from the parks and played games and relaxed. It sounded like the biggest pro to this was not having other kids in the pool splashing your family or dealing with rude people...at the end of the day they had their own space to spread out and relax.

We are staying in a 4-BR "Executive" home during our visit to WDW in two weeks. I've read all the pros and cons, and while staying at a WDW resort is probably the best experience, I'm only paying $112 a night. The house has a heated pool and jacuzzi. There are many houses in this price range and even a little cheaper (mine has the heat included for the pool/jacuzzi).

Since my kids are small, we will eat dinner outside the park or back at the house since we will probably retire early from the parks.

We have our own holiday home at Sandy Ridge, near Champions Gate. My mum and dad bought it last year. I kid you not it's about 10 minutes from the house of the ticket booths at Magic Kingdom. It was really quick for going and coming out of the parks.

MillerPoppins

I rented a house with my family in 2005 (11 people) and it was good for us. Sadly, from house to to Magic Kingdom entrance, it was about 45 minutes with traffic lights. We were about 15 minutes off of International Drive.

For us and the amount of different schedules we had, it worked. To me, it took away some of the "magic". However, I knew if we stayed on property, we would have killed each other. I recommend it for large parties but from now on I'll be going with a smaller group. Missed the magic too much. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom