Rented some points at Poly

deeevo

Original Poster
I rented some points at Poly for the first time for 2 nights and the way it is setup was 2 confirmation numbers so 2 one night
stays. One night is Standard view and the other is lake view. Question I have is can or will they put me in one room for both nights
so I don't have to move and do you think they would give me a lake view for both nights if I asked nicely? Just wondering

lostpro9het

I rented some points at Poly for the first time for 2 nights and the way it is setup was 2 confirmation numbers so 2 one night
stays. One night is Standard view and the other is lake view. Question I have is can or will they put me in one room for both nights
so I don't have to move and do you think they would give me a lake view for both nights if I asked nicely? Just wondering
The chances of that happening are slim to none. DVC upgrades, in my experience, are far more rare than cash room upgrades. If both nights were the same view I could possibly see it happening but since they are different point values its less likely to happen.

deeevo

Original Poster
Ok, moving rooms is no big deal. I don't want to give up my lake view room on my 2nd night. :)

nickys

Premium Member
Please don’t ask for an upgrade. What may happen is they charge the owner the “cost” in points by just taking them or borrowing them. Not only would you have to pay for those afterwards, but that could seriously mess up the owner’s plans for their next trip, leaving them short.

CMs shouldn’t really do that, imo, unless they are dealing with the owner - but it has been known to happen. They just assume you have the owner’s permission.

correcaminos

Yes, don't ask for an upgrade. It might mess with the owner's points. DVC upgrades are rare. 1 in almost 15 years for me. You never know, but don't ask and don't count on it.

I also would ask for Moorea. Though really Tokelau and Pago Pago are both really close to Moorea.

deeevo

Original Poster
I wont ask for an upgrade. Never have and never will. Thanks for the tip on Moorea. I will ask.

Last edited:

FCivish3

At Poly, the Standard view is fine, if you ask for Tokelau or Moorea. Also, ask for a high floor. The 'Preferred' view is the Lake View, and I really don't find it to be worth the extra points. Yes, you should ask them to downgrade you to a Standard unit for both nights, and ask them not to move you.

correcaminos

At Poly, the Standard view is fine, if you ask for Tokelau or Moorea. Also, ask for a high floor. The 'Preferred' view is the Lake View, and I really don't find it to be worth the extra points. Yes, you should ask them to downgrade you to a Standard unit for both nights, and ask them not to move you.

The OPs trip already happened.

That said the two views at Polynesian DVC are Lake View and Standard. They don't have "preferred" there. I don't think it is also possible to ask for a change of room type at check in. It likely isn't going to be possible, and if it is, it could mess with points and such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom