Rental car question

swrtrr

I know someone on here will have an answer to this question. We are going to WDW in September and after 5 days in the parks we are going to Port Canaveral on our first Disney Cruise. My DH has gotten a hold of both Alamo and Enterprise and neither one offer one-way rentals. My question is......Has anyone ever rented a car on Disney property for a one way rental, or are we going to have to rent a car and pay for the days it is parked and we are out on the cruise, then return it where we rented it?? Are there any other rental agencies on or near Disney property that we can contact to see if they might offer a one way rental with offices near WDW and Port Canaveral? We have a late flight home and we didn't want to sit at the airport for 6 or 8 hours if we used Disney Transportation. Thanks

mickeysshoes

What about a car service...Quicksilver was suggest to me on these boards. Have not used them so I cant comment on how they are but might be worth checking into.

Upvote 0

swrtrr

Original Poster
Thanks. We e-mailed Mears several weeks ago about car service and I guess they don't want nor need our business, as we have yet to hear from them. We will check out this company.

Upvote 0

Biff215

In 2004, we used Tiffany Towncar Service to get to Port Canaveral. We also used them a lot for airport transporation before Magical Express. They were always friendly and reasonable.

You have a lot of car rental companies to choose from in Orlando, and I would find it hard to believe that none of them would allow a one-way rental in-state. We did it with Budget a few years ago, maybe try them.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Alamo/National most definitely allows one-way rentals. The trick is checking to see if they have a station near Port Canaveral. Just check their website.

It's Florida Law that rental car companies cannot charge you a "drop fee" for a one-way rental, as long as pickup and dropoff are both within Florida. That's why you can easily rent a car at WDW, and return it at the airport.
I believe the law was intended to promote tourists driving around the state to explore the various tourist attractions and sites without being penalized for renting at one end of the state and returning at the other.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom