Rental car drop off question

eb3257

My family is staying off property for a few days before staying on property for the rest of the trip. Our plan is dropping the car off at the Swan/Dolphin the day that we start staying on property since we will no longer need it. Will we be able to utilize Disney transportation that day of check in even if it is before we actually check in? Should we just do online check in that morning to cover all bases? Thanks for the help!!

nickys

Premium Member
My family is staying off property for a few days before staying on property for the rest of the trip. Our plan is dropping the car off at the Swan/Dolphin the day that we start staying on property since we will no longer need it. Will we be able to utilize Disney transportation that day of check in even if it is before we actually check in? Should we just do online check in that morning to cover all bases? Thanks for the help!!

Anyone can use Disney transportation, even if not staying onsite. However, bear in mind you can't take luggage on the buses (or boats, monorail etc), so I would drop your luggage at the resort first and then drive over to the Dolphin.

As for check-in, you can do it on-line if you like, it'll make it a bit quicker at the front desk. Depends if you need to set up different cards, collect bands (if international guests) etc. And you may find your room is ready anyway, depending when you arrive. You might as well call at the desk when you drop your bags, you might be able to take them straight to your room.

Upvote 0

eb3257

Original Poster
Anyone can use Disney transportation, even if not staying onsite. However, bear in mind you can't take luggage on the buses (or boats, monorail etc), so I would drop your luggage at the resort first and then drive over to the Dolphin.

As for check-in, you can do it on-line if you like, it'll make it a bit quicker at the front desk. Depends if you need to set up different cards, collect bands (if international guests) etc. And you may find your room is ready anyway, depending when you arrive. You might as well call at the desk when you drop your bags, you might be able to take them straight to your room.
Thank you so much for your help!! I appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0

75disney

After dropping off your luggage and checking in to the hotel, drop the car off at the Dolphin. The valet will take care of the car for you and give you a receipt. Then walk or get on a boat to either Epcot or the Studios. The last time we did that, we were at the park within 15 minutes of dropping off the car. Also, there is a gas station close to the Dolphin if you need to refill the tank.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom