Rent a Crib or P&P Mattress?

ZimZim

Original Poster
My LO will be about 16 mo when we go to stay at Beach Club in May. I was going to rent a crib, but saw some skeevy reviews about the mattresses from ABBF. Any real life experiences? Other alternative is having a mattress sent down via amazon for the pack & play (she has one for Grandma's house and she's old enough for it to be safe).

TIA!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My LO wouldn't sleep in a P&P when we were traveling and we've always hated the hotel cots, so although I cannot answer your question I wanted to throw out a couple more options we have found that work for us....

1) They have some really great travel cots on Amazon. The one we ended up with is super lightweight and folds to the size of a camp chair. We take it camping and traveling. They also have inflatable toddler air mattresses that have little bumpers on all four sides.

2) Disney hotels offer bed rails that you can have brought to your room. We've also had success making make-shift bed rails with hotel towels rolled and stuffed along the edge of the fitted sheet.

3) You can always rent the crib and bring your own crib sheets so you know they're clean. Added bonus, if you bring a crib sheet that she's already slept on a couple of nights, it will smell like home and possibly help her settle in better.

DisneyDreamer08

Hi there! We rented a full sized crib from A Baby's Best Friend last September. They were FABULOUS to work with. We let them know the approximate time we would be checking in, and then texted them with our room number once we were at the hotel. They delivered the crib right to our door. Same thing with pick up, we texted them when we were packing up and they came right to the door to get the crib. I brought our own sheet and bumper. The crib itself was great. I highly recommend them!

ZimZim

Original Poster
Thanks @DisneyDreamer08 ! I saw one bad review where the mattress was gross and got nervous! I guess I'd have to assume they saw it too and fixed the issu like a good biz owner should. I feel better about that option

@DisneyBound2017 - these are great ideas! I'm not sure all BC rooms have the daybed, but that was another option - using the bedrail to make it into a crib-like situation. I love the idea of the sheet from home too - good call!

buseegal

Thanks @DisneyDreamer08 ! I saw one bad review where the mattress was gross and got nervous! I guess I'd have to assume they saw it too and fixed the issu like a good biz owner should. I feel better about that option

@DisneyBound2017 - these are great ideas! I'm not sure all BC rooms have the daybed, but that was another option - using the bedrail to make it into a crib-like situation. I love the idea of the sheet from home too - good call!
just be prepared if you use bedrails one of our grandsons hated them. he would kick the off the bed and he did it easily. they will stop a little one fro rolling off bed when rolled into but a child can kick them off if not wanting the there as they are not attached to bed but just under mattress

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom