Renewing our wedding vows in Disney

DiSnEyF@n

Hello all... My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in 2019. I know that is seriously forever away, but I have been thinking a lot about renewing our vows in Disney....

I know there will be (hopefully) less planning involved, but I do plan on inviting my immediate family (which is around 20 people).

I would like to know if anyone has ever done this or planned a wedding there in general and can offer any advice.

I would like to have the ceremony outside and either at the Boardwalk or Yacht Club with a small reception afterwards.... (I am open to other areas as well - like the Dolphin's beach)

Thanks for all of your help!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
It's going to be a serious chunk of change. The "Memories" package is $2,500 but has a limit of four guests. The "Escape" package is $5,500 with a limit of 18 guests. The "Wishes" packages is for 18+ guests with a minimum expenditure of $12,000(!). I don't know that there's any alternative based on the fact that it's a renewal and not a "real" wedding.

https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/pricing/
So, I can't just get married at one of the locations and eat at a restaurant on property??

Upvote 0

Melbel06

Hi there! I read this blog everyday and just joined (its taken me too long to sign up!) so that I could help answer your question!

I am getting married at Disney in 2016 and I have a little bit of knowledge on the subject. Disneyf@n is correct in the guest minimums for the 3 different packages. Unfortunately, if you are thinking 20+ you will have to do the Wishes package which requires a fairly hefty food/beverage minimum so getting married and then have dinner at a restaurant is not something that you can do for a wedding of that size. If you can get your numbers down below 20 then you can have an Escape wedding which is the ceremony and then a cake reception following. This would allow you to have your meal at a restaurant on property. I have even heard that if you wanted to do a Dessery Party they can save the wedding cake for that event instead of having it immediately following. Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be happy to help if I can!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

So, I can't just get married at one of the locations and eat at a restaurant on property??

Officially, no. They have the minimums needed to have an official ceremony. Now if your vow renewal is just going to be the two of you saying your vows again, 5-10 minutes tops, then you may be able to sneak under the radar. Everyone wears just nice clothes, gathers around the two of you, say your thing and then leave, and then just work with the Grand Gatherings dept (or whatever they are called now) to make a dining reservation for 20 or to book a private dessert party at Epcot. That might work. But otherwise anything formal and official needs to go through the Wedding Planners. An option (especially since you said the Dolphin beach) would be to try checking with the Swolphin event planners. Their prices are usually much more reasonable.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I don't know if this will help, but I had this saved in my files since I'd considered doing this at one point. Ultimately, if you want specifics, your best bet is to reach out to Disney and they will gladly send you brochures and answer any preliminary questions you might have.

What's the difference between Disney's Escape and Wishes Vow Renewals?

Escape Vow Renewals are complete vow renewal and honeymoon packages designed for the bride and groom. They typically include a small ceremony with cake and a champagne toast, lodging at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, and Walt Disney World Theme Park tickets. Special arrangements can be made to accommodate up to eighteen guests at the ceremony.

Wishes Vow Renewals are personalized events that allow the bride and groom to design a vow renewal ceremony and private reception in the Walt Disney World location of their choice. Because these are more elaborate, personalized events, minimum expenditures will apply. There are also certain food and beverage and room night minimums. Your Disney Wedding Consultant will work with you to establish a budget that meets all these requirements.

What documents will I need for my Disney Vow Renewal?

Proof of your valid marriage license is required prior to hosting your ceremony at the Walt Disney World Resort. Sorry, but passports are not acceptable as proof of marriage.

What is a Disney Wishes Vow Renewal going to cost?

No two Disney Vow Renewals are alike. Prices for Disney's Escape Vow Renewals start at $2,950 (not including the required four night minimum stay at an owned and operated Walt Disney World Resort).

The following minimum wedding expenditures (excluding tax and service charges) must be met to host a wedding event at the Walt Disney World Resort. These guidelines, based on season, day of week, and time of day*, have been designed to offer a variety of options to fit your budget, party size and personal wedding wishes.

Minimums can be met through a combination of food & beverage, floral, décor, music, entertainment, photography/videography, special transportation, venue rentals, and other wedding day services.

*During certain seasons, and on holidays, a higher wedding expenditure may apply. Please ask your Wedding Consultant for more information regarding those times.

PREMIUM SEASON - October/November/May/June
REGULAR SEASON - March/April/July/December
LOW SEASON - January/February/August/September

MINIMUM EXPENDITURE

Monday - ThursdayPremium Season: $10,000
Regular Season: $10,000
Low Season: $10,000

Friday & Sunday
Premium Season: $20,000
Regular Season: $15,000
Low Season: $15,000

Saturday
Premium Season: $25,000
Regular Season: $20,000
Low Season: $15,000

What's the payment and deposit schedule for a Disney Wishes Vow Renewal?

An Escape Vow Renewal requires a $500 non-refundable deposit. The balance of the package price and additional elements are due 30 days prior to your arrival date.

Deposits for Wishes Vow Renewals are required to confirm your event space and begin planning your event and reserving hotel room accommodations at special discounted rates. A signed Letter of Agreement along with a minimum non-refundable deposit will be required to confirm your vow renewal date. This non-refundable deposit will be applied to the minimum cost requirement of your Disney wedding. The full estimated payment (payable by check, money order, Disney Reward Visa® Card from Chase, or other accepted credit cards) of your event is due one month prior to the wedding date. You will receive a detailed Letter of Agreement that will further explain the payment schedule and deposit amounts

When can I reserve my vow renewal date?

Wishes Vow Renewals at all locations can be booked 12 months in advance of your event date (based on availability). For Escape Vow Renewals, all outdoor Resort locations can be booked up to 1 year in advance. Disney’s Wedding Pavilion can be booked at eight (8) months in advance for Escape Vow Renewals (subject to availability).

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

No you cannot do this. This would not be fair to those who actually do the right thing and cough up the cash to renew following Disney's strict guidelines. And please don't do as some have said and try to fly under the radar. If caught you will be asked to leave and possibly permanently. You should either follow Disney's guidelines are come up with a different plan.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I'm not a rule breaker. I wouldn't do it under the radar... I just don't want all the bells and whistles... I just want to renew my vows and go on my merry way. I am basically looking for a 15 min ceremony and that's it. It might just be me, my DH and my kids... I will probably look into doing it on the beach at the Dolphin so that I don't have to overpay for the little service that I want.

Upvote 0

patch553

we got married at the wedding pavilion 5 years ago,we had a champagne reception at the grand Floridian then the limos transported us and our guests to raglan road where we all ate and partied till the early hours. we cant speak highly enough of the Disney wedding co-ordinators,we are from the uk and they sorted any issue we had no matter how big or small. the day we landed our co-ordinator was waiting at our resort,she went through everything and was always there when we needed her

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom