Renewing Annual pass issue.

Sped2424

Original Poster
So I didn't know where to put this and I figured this might be the best section, if not please move accordingly. So recently I renewed my annual pass with disney online just yesterday. This time I used my Disney credit as the main card to do so. Now I haven't used this credit card in more than a month. So I enter it's information into the website to charge me for when it renews.

And suddenly today I get a call from my bank stating that my identity has been stolen and there is a charge on the card for 116 dollars. Thankfully they caught it cause the person didn't enter the same info that I am known for, but has anyone else had this problem? I find it a little worrying that I don't enter my card information anywhere and then when I do on the official disney pass renew site the next day my identity has been stolen.

lazyboy97o

A coincidental breach somewhere would not require you to have recently used your card.

It is also possible that malware, such as a key logger, is on your computer.

Or that Disney has somehow been compromised.

There are a lot of possibilities. The good thing is that it was caught early. It'd probably be wise to check your computer, change passwords and request a new card.

donsullivan

Premium Member
While not impossible, it might be stretching it to suggest that there is any connection between your AP purchase and the credit card fraud. That is likely nothing more than a coincidence of timing. Just because you hadn't used the card in a month doesn't mean someone didn't get hold of it from some other source and this just happened to be the first time they used it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom