News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

I think the only major misstep (in terms of what they built) is the winter scene. It takes up a ton of space, lasts forever, and basically nothing happens. The rest of the ride ranges from okay to good, even though a lot of it could be easily improved. They should have showcased some other things -- the winter scene would be significantly better if you started out in the library and then moved out into the snow for a shorter period of time, just as one example.

I'd still prefer having it added to Fantasyland at WDW than TRON to Tomorrowland or Ratatouille to EPCOT, though, if I had to make a choice. I'd rather ride it than the other two. That's not to say I'm mad about either of them coming to WDW; it's just if I had to pick one of the three it would be BatB even with its flaws.
Agreed on all counts. I really, really wish it could somehow replace Enchanted Tales with Belle and use the mirror in Maurice's cabin as an alternate pre-show that sends you back to experience events of the past, even if that meant ditching the impressive foyer with animated stained glass window from Tokyo. I think others have said that the space just isn't there, though. But in reality, all of these things are needed in my opinion, not just one or the other (particularly since Ratatouille serves to enhance World Showcase, which desperately needs rides).

waltography

Agreed on all counts. I really, really wish it could somehow replace Enchanted Tales with Belle and use the mirror in Maurice's cabin as an alternate pre-show that sends you back to experience events of the past, even if that meant ditching the impressive foyer with animated stained glass window from Tokyo. I think others have said that the space just isn't there, though. But in reality, all of these things are needed in my opinion, not just one or the other (particularly since Ratatouille serves to enhance World Showcase, which desperately needs rides).
While I do love the Tokyo ride (an unpopular opinion here it seems), I'd vastly prefer this preshow over the one in Tokyo. I'll take the magic mirror effect over the awkwardly broken up stained glass window any day. Save the animatronics for another scene.

I think something mirroring the effect of Haunted Mansion would be an effective retooling here, with Maurice's cabin being the intimate preshow before opening up to the grand foyer as a loading area. Tokyo picking up with Be Our Guest feels like starting the ride in the middle of the story.

Giss Neric

I think the only major misstep (in terms of what they built) is the winter scene. It takes up a ton of space, lasts forever, and basically nothing happens. The rest of the ride ranges from okay to good, even though a lot of it could be easily improved. They should have showcased some other things -- the winter scene would be significantly better if you started out in the library and then moved out into the snow for a shorter period of time, just as one example.

I'd still prefer having it added to Fantasyland at WDW than TRON to Tomorrowland or Ratatouille to EPCOT, though, if I had to make a choice. I'd rather ride it than the other two. That's not to say I'm mad about either of them coming to WDW; it's just if I had to pick one of the three it would be BatB even with its flaws.
Yes, the winter scene dragged so long. If they added a scene between the castle attack and the transformation like a Gaston animatronic. Also at the finale ballroom scene if they split that into two rooms. One room where all the humanized objects are and then the grand finale is the dancing belle and prince adam.

Piebald

The missus and I have previews this Saturday and are meeting with some out of town friends. We would love it if their little boy could join us but obviously he doesnt have the preview. Are the CMs strict about a situation like that? The kids 4 if it matters.

Piebald

Yes extremely strict. They won't be allowed in.
Good to know. I figured it was worth a shot to pull one of these 😂

cEOq3IVh.jpg

Seanual757

The missus and I have previews this Saturday and are meeting with some out of town friends. We would love it if their little boy could join us but obviously he doesnt have the preview. Are the CMs strict about a situation like that? The kids 4 if it matters.

During the DVC preview they just asked if all 10 in my party were present I just had to show my DVC blue card and ID nothing else. Now at the Epcot World Showcase we went through the Special event line and checked in everyone in out group but again once in at Epcot at Remi nothing except my blue card and ID were checked. I have 2 guests that cannot make it for the APH preview on Saturday between 7pm-8pm.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
During the DVC preview they just asked if all 10 in my party were present I just had to show my DVC blue card and ID nothing else. Now at the Epcot World Showcase we went through the Special event line and checked in everyone in out group but again once in at Epcot at Remi nothing except my blue card and ID were checked. I have 2 guests that cannot make it for the APH preview on Saturday between 7pm-8pm.
For APs they are verifying AP for every person entering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom