News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

It was an awesome ride. I just don't think I could have done anything else with motion and a screen for a solid hour. Luckily that was a good time to get on line for Hagrid's ride.

I hated it. I'll never ride it again.

Obviously a big part of that was how sick it made me feel, but even before I got sick I wasn't impressed. I was just watching a movie of flying around Hogwarts. The non-screen parts were a lot better, but it relied far too heavily on watching stuff happen on a screen for me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I take it that today they realized that the entire ride is already open in France, so they don’t need to tell people to put away their phones haha
They’ve possibly realised 99% of ride videos will be blurred anyway.
And I don't think I've seen anyone suggest that Rat is better than FoP, which means I'm unlikely to be impressed.
I can if you like.

UNCgolf

They’ve possibly realised 99% of ride videos will be blurred anyway.

I can if you like.

I'd be happy if it was as good as FoP (even though FoP isn't a highlight ride to me, as I said), but I think it probably won't be for me. The main reason I like FoP is that it's at least a gorgeous video you're watching. That's the really the only reason I like Soarin' too, although the bad CGI detracts from Soarin'. I wouldn't wait in a long line to ride either, though.

Anyway, that doesn't mean I'm going to dislike Rat. I just have low expectations.

bingie

Love how the price has (presumably) increased already since the signs were printed....
pc.jpg

BrianLo

My friend says it’s just as underwhelming in person as the video of the Paris attraction made it seem, but it works for the corner of the park and gives Epcot a family friendly ride that kids should love.

It's very 'Epcot', which is largely an exploration and many 'fine' attractions one encounters along the way. I think Epcot is amazing when experienced with infrequency. A lot of One-and-dones.

It has never been a park that has felt very attraction focused. Rather than a service of the whole.

Not an excuse for Ratatouille, I actually feel like World Showcase needs more pseudo D-tickets like this. Something you are happy to have encountered, but don't need three hour waits clogging down your progression around World Showcase.

As a result I think this is less disappointing here than trying to act as a headline in Studios Park.

DonaldDoleWhip

I'd be happy if it was as good as FoP (even though FoP isn't a highlight ride to me, as I said), but I think it probably won't be for me. The main reason I like FoP is that it's at least a gorgeous video you're watching. That's the really the only reason I like Soarin' too, although the bad CGI detracts from Soarin'. I wouldn't wait in a long line to ride either, though.

Anyway, that doesn't mean I'm going to dislike Rat. I just have low expectations.
I think your expectations are in the right place. When I rode (literally the day it opened), it was basically an unknown, aside from short clips that had been released.

At that time, typical frames of reference were Cars Land (RSR knocked it out of the park) and Mystic Manor (hadn't experienced it myself then, but all feedback was glowing). Plus, trackless was still much more of a novelty, and the ride + restaurant felt like a perfect fit for Paris.

The stars were aligned for it to be a major headliner and 'save' WDS, but it wasn't that sort of attraction. On the bright side, got some cruddy phone pics from opening day.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 12.57.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 12.53.29 PM.png

J4546

Cool, its nice that this is finally opening up soon, will be a great mid-tier attraction for epcot. Im glad that its in the France pavilion as well, cause that corner of the park has no rides. I feel like people expect every ride Disney build to by Indy or RotR level, but thats simply not the case and all the FL parks need more solid mid tier darkrides so I consider this a win. Plus the added creperie/store/bathrooms and courtyard fountain area are a nice bonus.

So now the main entrance and the France pavilion expansion are complete. (mostly) In the next month or two Space 220, Harmonious and the first half of the redone Communicore building (Club Cool and the Creations shop) And in the next year we get the 2nd half of Communicore (the food area), Moana JoW walkthrough, Center Spine and Finally GotG Coaster, then the Play! pavilion...maybe.

The future looks great for Epcot imo. I know not everyone loves it, but Im into it.

DonaldDoleWhip

Cool, its nice that this is finally opening up soon, will be a great mid-tier attraction for epcot. Im glad that its in the France pavilion as well, cause that corner of the park has no rides. I feel like people expect every ride Disney build to by Indy or RotR level, but thats simply not the case and all the FL parks need more solid mid tier darkrides so I consider this a win. Plus the added creperie/store/bathrooms and courtyard fountain area are a nice bonus.
The park does need more solid mid-tier rides, that's fair.

What's unfortunate is passing off a mid-tier addition as a must-see headliner that warrants ~$80 to preview, then virtual queue or an upcharge only.

I guess they don't really have a choice right now, but this wasn't supposed to be a 50th highlight. Rather, it should have been whetting our appetites 12-15 months ago. Such a shame its opening coincides with the latest push to aggressively monetize everything.

J4546

The park does need more solid mid-tier rides, that's fair.

What's unfortunate is passing off a mid-tier addition as a must-see headliner that warrants ~$80 to preview, then virtual queue or an upcharge only.

I guess they don't really have a choice right now, but this wasn't supposed to be a 50th highlight. Rather, it should have been whetting our appetites 12-15 months ago. Such a shame its opening coincides with the latest push to aggressively monetize everything.
I bet from now on all expansions to all parks will have a pay to preview monetization. If Star Wars land was just now opening up you know they would be doing this there as well, though to be fair it would be way more worth it in Star Wars land than a single ride in the France pavilion

Casper Gutman

This has always seemed like it was a nice D or C to me, which is what EPCOT (and AK and MGM) needs many more of.

But WDW has decided to charge for it like its a high-E, and that's the basis on which it has to judged. And on those terms, its a significant failure. I expect a lot of people who pay $15 a pop to ride it will agree, and I hope they voice their opinions.

Last edited:

IMDREW

I also preferred Rat to FoP.

It's not that I didn't like FoP, I'm also in the camp of the few (it seems) who don't quite get a big 'wow' moment from it. At least Rat is fun and has some physical movement through the sets.
May I ask you, growing up, have you ever wanted to fly? Im curious if thats a factor here. For me for instance, I have dreamed of flying my whole life. And FOP gave me that sensation, which made it so emotional to me. After the cave scene, it really felt like I was flying for the first time in my life. That was the big wow moment for me. Just curious :).

Sir_Cliff

May I ask you, growing up, have you ever wanted to fly? Im curious if thats a factor here. For me for instance, I have dreamed of flying my whole life. And FOP gave me that sensation, which made it so emotional to me. After the cave scene, it really felt like I was flying for the first time in my life. That was the big wow moment for me. Just curious :).
That is actually quite an interesting aspect to how the attraction may hit people differently I'd never thought of!

To be honest, I don't think being able to fly was ever something that particularly activated my imagination growing up. Maybe that does make a big difference as I guess if that dream isn't there to be accessed that might change the attraction's impact from being amazing to just very good.

UNCgolf

Was it a different experience than Soarin'? I can see how it could be, since Soarin' is much less intense.

What about Forbidden Journey? I think that would give you a similar feeling of actually flying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom