News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
TSMM, door coaster, Rat, Cars dark ride...

But like you said what do you know.

Throw in an import of Crush’s Coaster and you’d have a Pixar land that would eat 10 thousand of people per hour, at least, every day. In a park that’s still sorely lacking in ride capacity. Nah, that will never work. Better to build Iger’s folly and get 2 rides but 14 shops and eateries for a billion plus.

doctornick

TSMM, door coaster, Rat, Cars dark ride...

But like you said what do you know.

Certainly have a Pixar Place with a bunch of rides in DHS would be a good thing (though I'm not sure I'd put Ratatouille in the same park at MMRR under ideal circumstance) but I'm not sure that disputes the point that Ratatouille is a good fit for Epcot as is. It adds a ride to an area of the park that needed one, it generally an acceptable fit for World Showcase (unlike other considered options) and is the type of family friend, decent capacity ride that the park needs now that they've been replacing stuff in FW that filled that role.

Both Epcot and DHS need more rides.

matt9112

This delay imho is silly. Sure i get the marekting gimmick behind it. You can only call it new or just opened for so long. Disney certainly wants tyat window to be in more favorable terms but still.

matt9112

Certainly have a Pixar Place with a bunch of rides in DHS would be a good thing (though I'm not sure I'd put Ratatouille in the same park at MMRR under ideal circumstance) but I'm not sure that disputes the point that Ratatouille is a good fit for Epcot as is. It adds a ride to an area of the park that needed one, it generally an acceptable fit for World Showcase (unlike other considered options) and is the type of family friend, decent capacity ride that the park needs now that they've been replacing stuff in FW that filled that role.

Both Epcot and DHS need more rides.

I agree i take no issue with its location or premise the only fun bit will be the future war between strollers and drunks. Disnwy could sell tickets to that ya know.

jt04

Throw in an import of Crush’s Coaster and you’d have a Pixar land that would eat 10 thousand of people per hour, at least, every day. In a park that’s still sorely lacking in ride capacity. Nah, that will never work. Better to build Iger’s folly and get 2 rides but 14 shops and eateries for a billion plus.

We look at Epcot and know that another theme park like that will not be built for a long time in the U.S. if ever. I think we will look back the same way at Pandora and GE.

On an optimistic note, Iger created a situation where they can now add many more attractions that are less capital intensive. Lots of D tickets and reimagining of existing show spaces. IMO.

Pixarland examples above are what I am thinking also.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We look at Epcot and know that another theme park like that will not be built for a long time in the U.S. if ever. I think we will look back the same way at Pandora and GE.

On an optimistic note, Iger created a situation where they can now add many more attractions that are less capital intensive. Lots of D tickets and reimagining of existing show spaces. IMO.

Pixarland examples above are what I am thinking also.
GE was designed and created with problems that now aren’t easily fixed. It’s been discussed several times. Nor is it something that needs to be rehashed here.

doctornick

Unintended reason Disney is happy about their choice of opening date:
They don’t need any marketing pulls atm, as pent up demand is already filling the parks to the extent they want them filled. That will likely no longer be the case by the time Rat’s opening date comes, giving them a new thing to market.

Any chance they might do soft openings before the announced official date though?

ToTBellHop

Unintended reason Disney is happy about their choice of opening date:
They don’t need any marketing pulls atm, as pent up demand is already filling the parks to the extent they want them filled. That will likely no longer be the case by the time Rat’s opening date comes, giving them a new thing to market.
Indeed. This is the Summer of Travel for Americans. And it has already started. Parents don’t really care if kids are in school anymore. Let’s be honest: they haven’t learned anything in school all year. We can just teach 2 1/2 years worth of material next year!

Fireworks still have appeal—stretch people into the parks until later to spread them out a bit.

Wait til people actually go and remember why they swore off summer in Florida. Getting close to 100 degrees this week!

wdwfan22

Honestly? I could see them doing previews as early as late august. General softs though? I wouldn’t bet on anything beyond the potential token day before softs that Disney did for TSL and Pandora.
I agree I think will see previews/soft open later this summer. it won’t be marketed as opened until fall.

castlecake2.0

Ok how do we get them to do something about the backside of rat? I know they’re not going to theme it, but can we get some landscaping. Why is a cast member bus shelter and the whole backside of world showcase on show? Can we just get some trees to camouflage it a little bit? I’ve already emailed guest relations, but what else can we do, isn’t this the site that made them host a 30th anniversary event? How do we do that again. Maybe we need social media influencers to talk about it, that’s all Disney seems to listen to now.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ok how do we get them to do something about the backside of rat? I know they’re not going to theme it, but can we get some landscaping. Why is a cast member bus shelter and the whole backside of world showcase on show? Can we just get some trees to camouflage it a little bit? I’ve already emailed guest relations, but what else can we do, isn’t this the site that made them host a 30th anniversary event? How do we do that again. Maybe we need social media influencers to talk about it, that’s all Disney seems to listen to now.

Because show doesn’t matter to management anymore.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t see how this is a management problem as much as it is a design problem.

You’re right, I should have included WDI in there as well. Management had to approve the design that WDI came up with. Obviously they have no clue what show means, either, or we wouldn’t have this. Or the metal monstrosities in the middle of WSL. Or SW:GE that can’t be expanded without considerable work/rework and cost.

pdude81

You’re right, I should have included WDI in there as well. Management had to approve the design that WDI came up with. Obviously they have no clue what show means, either, or we wouldn’t have this. Or the metal monstrosities in the middle of WSL. Or SW:GE that can’t be expanded without considerable work/rework and cost.
They could throw us a bone and at least do a major expansion in the back of Oga's. Such a wasted opportunity there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom