News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Movielover

There are only a handful of stock roller coasters still for sale (Dragon Wagons, Wacky Worms, boomerangs, fireballs, Batman:The Ride) every other roller coaster is a custom build.

https://www.vekoma.com/sitdown-family-coasters/family-coaster-335

731713d3e4a1a8f4b2dbca60a2eea35a6f3874db-track-family-coaster-335.png

MK:
barnstormer-1.jpg

DL:
GoadgetsGoCaster2.png

Tokyo:
Gadget%27s_Go_Coaster_Tokyo_Disneyland.jpg

tenor.gif

;)

TikibirdLand

Well, custom doesn't mean different, every time. One can order a custom ride that gets reproduced multiple times. Goes to show you what theming can do for a "stock ride". They really look different. Our family treated Goofy's Barn Stormer as "Baby's First Coaster". 20 years later, they've graduated to better ones at UO. I, on the otherhand, am still at the Barn Stormer level.

TikibirdLand

You can't judge it by watching videos. You forgot the fact that the ride is 4D. Aside from the trackless vehicle, huge props and screen, you get wind, scents, heat and water as you navigate through the kitchen. It's not an E-Ticket but it will surely be popular and will bring people to Epcot.
Can't make the trip to Paris to see it. Sounds like crazy crowds in Florida will be keeping our family away until 2022. Geez, it's gonna be a long time before we can return!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can't make the trip to Paris to see it. Sounds like crazy crowds in Florida will be keeping our family away until 2022. Geez, it's gonna be a long time before we can return!

If you have an opportunity to visit DLP, I’d highly recommend it. Specific to this thread, the Rat area at WDSP is fantastic, probably because it wasn’t shoehorned into a small area behind an existing pavilion.

J4546

thats true but I think they did a good job adding an expansion courtyard area with a fountain behind the existing pavilion and giving it a new ride, bathrooms, creperie, shop, and maybe more. Granted most of that courtyard area seems to be for what will certainly be a long que but even the switchbacks have cool themed covers to keep you shaded....it seems pretty well thought out, adds a pretty great trackless darkride to a park without many darkrides and fits the area well adding something major to a corner of the park that has no rides at all. My only main gripes are 1. The rat ride took up another possible future pavilion plot and 2. Its not open yet haha

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

thats true but I think they did a good job adding an expansion courtyard area with a fountain behind the existing pavilion and giving it a new ride, bathrooms, creperie, shop, and maybe more. Granted most of that courtyard area seems to be for what will certainly be a long que but even the switchbacks have cool themed covers to keep you shaded....it seems pretty well thought out, adds a pretty great trackless darkride to a park without many darkrides and fits the area well adding something major to a ride less corner of the park. My only main gripes are 1. The rat ride took up another possible future pavilion plot and 2. Its not open yet haha
A merchandise stall now counts as a shop? Metal roofs and some fans are cool?

DisneyDean97

A merchandise stall now counts as a shop? Metal roofs and some fans are cool?
lol while I agree with you, the "Disney Standard" that a lot of us were use to has dropped significantly over the past decade and a half, while it's nice to have high expectations, we might need to be a little more realistic moving forward, as disappointing as that is. From what I'm seeing, Disney isn't willing to go (or pay) for that extra step or effort anymore. Imagine if they built Space Mountain today... the backside (where the monorail approaches from) would probably look like a warehouse... painted "sky blue" :/

lazyboy97o

lol while I agree with you, the "Disney Standard" that a lot of us were use to has dropped significantly over the past decade and a half, while it's nice to have high expectations, we might need to be a little more realistic moving forward, as disappointing as that is. From what I'm seeing, Disney isn't willing to go (or pay) for that extra step or effort anymore. Imagine if they built Space Mountain today... the backside (where the monorail approaches from) would probably look like a warehouse... painted "sky blue" :/
Disney’s problem isn’t one of not willing to pay. This project cost hundreds of millions of dollars and many of its issues are simply poor choices, not the result of compromise with constraints.

DisneyDean97

Disney’s problem isn’t one of not willing to pay. This project cost hundreds of millions of dollars and many of its issues are simply poor choices, not the result of compromise with constraints.
With this project and it's inflated budget, lol what's another million or so to theme the side of the attraction's show building so it looks "show ready" for guest on the Skyliner. Things like that Disney of the 90s would have done, imo

doctornick

. My only main gripes are 1. The rat ride took up another possible future pavilion plot and 2. Its not open yet haha

one good thing though is that it only used half of the plot so there is room for either a small pavilion (Like Africa outpost) or a large attraction for Morocco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom