News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
WDW is already filling to its capacity well and needs a 50th draw.

For DL, the calculus is different. They’ve been closed a long time and want a draw to pull people back after so long. They purposely picked a date close to when restrictions reduce and out-of-state people can return.

Half (IIRC?) their daily attendance was APs, which also now don’t exist, and presumably many of them will want to go MUCH less often until they have some sort of subscription attendance plan in place again. I think this makes a ton of sense for DLR.

At the same time at WDW, I don’t think they want 100% attendance this fall, because that would mean they’d have to have 100% staff, and 1) that will just be tough to pull off, but 2) they genuinely want the CP and IP and Cultural Ambassadors etc back in the park, that almost certainly can’t happen for fall, and it won’t be possible for January if all of those jobs are filled by Floridians.

I also imagine, and to be clear now I’m speculating, that filling certain specific jobs with Americans could have an impact on securing visas for foreign nationals for those jobs in the future.

aladdin2007

Funny how Disney is opening up a Universal type ride (Ratatouille) and Universal opening up a Disney type ride (Secret Life of Pets). I'm pleasantly surprised how good the ride is and the queue is well done. I'm more attached to the Ratatouille IP since it's my favorite Pixar movie but good job to Universal,

agree, and love this ride from the video..I dont know that much about universal but is this planned for orlando as well?...sort of reminds me of the monsters inc dark ride which I never understood why they didn't implement at the studios etc...I just wish Disney would quit being so obsessed with tech tech tech and get back to to creative and imaginative.

Sir_Cliff

Funny how Disney is opening up a Universal type ride (Ratatouille) and Universal opening up a Disney type ride (Secret Life of Pets). I'm pleasantly surprised how good the ride is and the queue is well done. I'm more attached to the Ratatouille IP since it's my favorite Pixar movie but good job to Universal,

I don't know, the pacing seems a bit off.

The sets look very nice, but the ride itself just seems a bit... slow.

Movielover

Is there enough room at Shrek?
They managed to fit Transformers into a similar sized area.

If you put the queue below the ride yes.
I'm consistently impressed at some of the design choices Universal Creative makes to fit things into existing places, which then in turn baffles me when they do the complete opposite like with the Un-Fast and the Furious-less.

DisneyDean97

They were also expecting F&F to have two hour lines for years and years to come.
Maybe if the ride system was like Test Track, or hell, even something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. F&F show building is nearly double the size of RnRC show building (not counting the long launch tunnel), they could definitely fit a sizable GOOD attraction in there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Maybe if the ride system was like Test Track, or hell, even something like Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. F&F show building is nearly double the size of RnRC show building (not counting the long launch tunnel), they could definitely fit a sizable GOOD attraction in there.
"What screams fast and furious?"

"......Party bus."

Giss Neric

Is there a way Disney could do the same and do surprised softs for Ratatouille even by summer? More CMs are coming back. DCP is coming back. October is far too long for a complete ride.

The strategies of Universal are really working cause they basically have the upper hand now. Surprise soft opening weeks before the intended opening is amazing especially if I'm there expecting it to open next month but I'm all of a sudden being able to ride it.

kinglsyyy

It has been clear for sometime Disney cares more about $$
Universal is out here soft opening velocicoaster and Disney is mothballing this to October just so they can say they have a new ride for the 50th

I was so hopefull for all the attractions they could have had for us in early 2021.
But they decided to slow rolling everything instead.
And its cleary about money and nothing to do with Covid.

J4546

yes it is, and you cant blame them. They have billions of dollars being spent right now on park improvement and covid screwed up their budget and they have to move money around to make things work.

Its crazy to me that right now (+/-2years) disney is building more new stuff than ever and people are still upset lol. New Star Wars Lands, Avengers Land, Toy Story Land, MMRR, Gotg Coaster, Tron Coaster, Space 220, Remi, and so much more. And thats just in USA. Many BIllions are beings spent in Paris/China/Tokyo as well

We are in a period of growth that is insane and people should feel lucky instead of entitled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom