News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s almost like before 2005 they used to be proactive, have thoughtful plans, and executed on a strategy of long-term growth, but since then they seem to be more knee-jerk reactive and don’t have a clue what they are doing from one month to the next except to make quarterly financials look good for shareholders (like Mr Iger’s retirement fund). Make it up as you go instead of careful planning. How the mighty have fallen.

havoc315

Or maybe Velocicoaster has room for a socially distanced queue without blocking the secondary park entrance

There is plenty of room for a socially distanced queue stretching around World Showcase without blocking the International Gateway.
They also have the option of using a virtual queue. (Universal almost certainly will use a virtual queue for Velicoraptor)

At least at Universal, socially distanced queues will be gone long before October.

Waiting till October has nothing to do with a need for socially distanced queues. By August, WDW may be the only place in the US socially distancing.

For whatever reason, Disney is opting to remain mostly stagnant until October. Most likely, they have decided to focus on the next Fiscal year (which begins October 1st!), and have chosen to truly restrain spending for the rest of this fiscal year. (Connected to that, without the College program being active, they are deprived of much of the cheap labor they rely upon for park operations... and surprise, yesterday they said they hope to bring back the college program in late 2021)

havoc315

I thought I saw a putty tat??
Seriously, I am not shocked at this at all. The fact they stopped work on Tron(or will) and delayed other things.... it was inevitable they needed to move this to add to what is coming the 50th. I find it more telling folks that I have not heard any official announcement yet for Harmonious or Space 220 restaurant.... just sayin

Space 220 has started hiring kitchen staff. Restaurants across the US are increasing capacity. By summer, Space 220 will be open... it’s not a big enough deal to require huge announcements.

Lack of announcement for Harmonious is more surprising and suspicious. At this point, I suspect October 1st.... maybe they are just trying to space out the 50th anniversary announcements to keep ongoing buzz.
Might also be that Harmonious is simply undecided at this time.

Phicinfan

Space 220 has started hiring kitchen staff. Restaurants across the US are increasing capacity. By summer, Space 220 will be open... it’s not a big enough deal to require huge announcements.
Okay don't disagree, but Rat is exactly in this spot.....and?
Lack of announcement for Harmonious is more surprising and suspicious. At this point, I suspect October 1st.... maybe they are just trying to space out the 50th anniversary announcements to keep ongoing buzz.
Might also be that Harmonious is simply undecided at this time.
Seriously, this isn't rocket science. Covid had crushed the travel business. They severely cut their budget and delayed projects due to cost. The fact they are delaying things for when HOPEFULLY full parks can happen again, and then you have the crowd drive for the anniversary to get bang for buck isn't surprising. I would doubt you see Harmonious or Space 220 before Oct.

I would not be shocked to see some of this delayed until 40th for Epcot.

havoc315

Seriously, this isn't rocket science. Covid had crushed the travel business. They severely cut their budget and delayed projects due to cost. The fact they are delaying things for when HOPEFULLY full parks can happen again, and then you have the crowd drive for the anniversary to get bang for buck isn't surprising. I would doubt you see Harmonious or Space 220 before Oct.

Simply... they wouldn’t be hiring kitchen staff for Space 220 now if you were waiting till October to open it. That’s just not how the restaurant industry works. And remember, it’s being operated by a third party, not Disney. Patina doesn’t make money by waiting.

Rat is not the equivalent of Space. Rat is the first new ride in World Showcase in years, it’s the centerpiece of a huge pavilion expansion. May not be e-ticket, but it’s also not a minor thing.

Space 220 is a novelty restaurant leased to the Patina restaurant group. Patina will open it whenever WDW decides to increase restaurant capacity sufficiently to make it profitable.

Bocabear

thing is though the parks are already packed...every day...
We were there a few weeks ago and even Disney Springs was blocked off and garages at capacity. They are currently operating with less staff and less F&B venues open, but with the same amount of guests... According to what we experienced, they are full up...

havoc315

Call it educated speculation. Universal already has less social distancing than WDW. Florida has no mandatory social distancing requirements. It’s only March, and restricted states are already reducing/eliminating social distance requirements. For example, Connecticut (a blue state) is going to 100% restaurant capacity next week.
If you can have a packed indoor space without masks in March... what’s the point in continuing outdoor masked socially distant queues for another 7 months?
If every restaurant in America is at 100% capacity by May/June... Would Universal really continue voluntary restrictions for months longer?
Personally, I’d be more comfortable in a masked outdoor line (without social distancing) than I would be in a crowded restaurant without masks.

dreday3

Didn't they already start selling corporate packages that include reserved seating for Harmonious in October 2021 though? Or was that unfounded info?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Call it educated speculation. Universal already has less social distancing than WDW. Florida has no mandatory social distancing requirements. It’s only March, and restricted states are already reducing/eliminating social distance requirements. For example, Connecticut (a blue state) is going to 100% restaurant capacity next week.
If you can have a packed indoor space without masks in March... what’s the point in continuing outdoor masked socially distant queues for another 7 months?
If every restaurant in America is at 100% capacity by May/June... Would Universal really continue voluntary restrictions for months longer?
Personally, I’d be more comfortable in a masked outdoor line (without social distancing) than I would be in a crowded restaurant without masks.

That translates to “you made it up”

I don’t think using Disney opening on timelines on purpose leads to universal “winning covid”

Nobody is winning covid.

havoc315

That translates to “you made it up”

I don’t think using Disney opening on timelines on purpose leads to universal “winning covid”

Nobody is winning covid.

Never claimed to have any inside knowledge...
And I never said anything about "winning" Covid..
Not even saying Universal would be right or wrong. Just saying I expect that they will significantly reduce social distancing before October. Not saying that's right or wrong, just saying I expect it to happen.
Just like I expect states to lessen restrictions before October... which they are already doing. Even NYC is starting to loosen restrictions on Broadway theaters (though I don't expect they will be at full operation by October).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Never claimed to have any inside knowledge...
And I never said anything about "winning" Covid..
Not even saying Universal would be right or wrong. Just saying I expect that they will significantly reduce social distancing before October. Not saying that's right or wrong, just saying I expect it to happen.
Just like I expect states to lessen restrictions before October... which they are already doing. Even NYC is starting to loosen restrictions on Broadway theaters (though I don't expect they will be at full operation by October).
I just think you might be pairing the wrong wine with the meal talking about covid restrictions.

Never serve cab with swordfish

havoc315

I just think you might be pairing the wrong wine with the meal talking about covid restrictions.

Never serve cab with swordfish

lol... fair enough. Though it does depend how you prepare the swordfish...
And I'll drink cab with almost anything.

Getting back on track... my only point was that I don't believe scheduling Rat for October has much to do with Covid restrictions. Covid restrictions, whether in place or not, wouldn't really prevent an earlier open of the Rat.

disneygeek90

Many restaurants, even in Florida, are choosing to stick to CDC capacity recommendations for restaurants rather than the 100% capacity that's technically allowed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom