News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

Most of the queue is that coved area next to the crêperie and it is all switchbacks.
Depending on when the crêperie opens, the line could go around the building and then out the service gate backstage a la Star Wars land. I know that’s not the best show, but if they need room to physical distant it could be a temporary option. They could also just make the whole courtyard and path leading up to it a switchback queue and just leave an exit path. If they got real creative they could use the france islands as more over flow queue and just have to block the promenade every so often to get people across, like during parades....

kinglsyyy

The virtual queue solves this.

Not the biggest fan of the ROTR virutal queue, but it does what its supposed to do.
You could easly move the entrance to the virtual queue for Remy to either the Crêperie or even the arch way and have more room then ROTR.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe it's just semantics, but the post above was from someone who said that they had a friend who was being trained, as in currently right now.

Marni then acknowledged that they were aware that CM's had been trained (as in the past), but then added a comment about redeployment.

I was just trying to clarify what was meant by redeployment--to the Remy attraction (as a current posting now that they've had training on it) or from Remy to another attraction (presumably so Remy-trained CM's could work at other attractions until the new ride is officially opened.)

The friend mentioned in the first comment who is currently being trained could still be redeployed to another attraction after training is complete, so the question is still open as to what was meant by "...and redeployed currently".
@pdude81 said “his” post just above - meaning Martin’s post just above. This one:

As far as I’m aware not right at the moment.

So the trained staff are not available, therefore have been redeployed elsewhere.

edit: I should have read on, I see Martin confirmed it.

EricsBiscuit

The virtual queue solves this.

Not the biggest fan of the ROTR virutal queue, but it does what its supposed to do.
You could easly move the entrance to the virtual queue for Remy to either the Crêperie or even the arch way and have more room then ROTR.
Virtual queues create such a hassle. If MMRR doesn’t need one, neither does Rat.

DinoInstitute

Virtual queues create such a hassle. If MMRR doesn’t need one, neither does Rat.
MMRR also has a massive park hub area in front of it to wind people through. If Rat uses a virtual queue I would imagine it’s simply because there’s just nowhere else for people to go. I don’t care for them either but I could see it.

castlecake2.0

I feel like this area could be used. Issues would be the stairs down to the landing, getting people across the promenade, and having to move the food&wine kiosk. Also having to get across the line to get to the stroller parking area as you exit, unless you make stroller parking corral part of the queue and have people leave their strollers closer to that canopy area by the entrance so you drop on one side and pick up on the other.
E6AEDC60-0641-4ED9-B5C1-DE5F547A5039.jpeg

edit: this was just to get an idea of where the line could go, not an exact layout. One of my previous roles before being laid off was to deal with queue management and location flow, so was just putting out an idea.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like this area could be used. Issues would be the stairs down to the landing, getting people across the promenade, and having to move the food&wine kiosk. Also having to get across the line to get to the stroller parking area as you exit, unless you make stroller parking corral part of the queue and have people leave their strollers closer to that canopy area by the entrance so you drop on one side and pick up on the other.
View attachment 537788
They have the line mapped out already...

1615140480857.png

J4546

I imagine this ride and most future big rides will use virtual que tech, as it allows people to spend more time walking around and potentialy buying stuff instead of standing in a line. This will cut down drastically on line length if they do it correctly.

UNCgolf

I imagine this ride and most future big rides will use virtual que tech, as it allows people to spend more time walking around and potentialy buying stuff instead of standing in a line. This will cut down drastically on line length if they do it correctly.

This has been discussed many times, but that's simply not feasible.

Just think about how busy the parks get already in summer and how the walkways are jammed full of people. Now imagine adding several thousand more people to those walkways. That's what you'd get if every major ride was a virtual queue. The parks don't have enough space to do that.

Plus, if Disney was planning for this to use a virtual queue, there would have been no reason to bother building a traditional queue. That space could have been used for something else.

Last edited:

J4546

yeah thats true, but maybe they will keep capicity limits down for a while (couple of years) and implement it during those times while the ride is new and super in demand (not that it wont ever be not in demand but ya know what i mean) im all for the virtual que and ride reservation style system for major e ticket rides if done in a way thats.....good lol. Perhaps they do like RotR with a reservation/virtual que setup, but leave an actual que line for people to use that didnt get a reservation in time. Then alternate reserve and in line customers onto the ride? That way you can still get a chance to ride the ride even if you dont reserve a spot, it just means standing in line for a couple hours instead of 30 mins

UNCgolf

yeah thats true, but maybe they will keep capicity limits down for a while (couple of years) and implement it during those times while the ride is new and super in demand (not that it wont ever be not in demand but ya know what i mean) im all for the virtual que and ride reservation style system for major e ticket rides if done in a way thats.....good lol. Perhaps they do like RotR with a reservation/virtual que setup, but leave an actual que line for people to use that didnt get a reservation in time. Then alternate reserve and in line customers onto the ride? That way you can still get a chance to ride the ride even if you dont reserve a spot, it just means standing in line for a couple hours instead of 30 mins

I'm pretty sure they would love to get rid of the virtual queue for Rise, and will eventually.

But it probably has to operate at closer to full capacity without regular breakdowns for that to happen.

doctornick

I'm pretty sure they would love to get rid of the virtual queue for Rise, and will eventually.

But it probably has to operate at closer to full capacity without regular breakdowns for that to happen.
Off topic but is ROTR anywhere near running well without breaking down regularly? It’s been open over a year now so that’s certainly time to work out kinks. I’m wondering how much of it is that demand far exceeds supply even if capacity was running as much as possible

anyway on that note, Rat has pretty high capacity and is a clone so I’d hope it should be running pretty well soon after launch and may not need that kind of regulation with boarding passes

gerarar

Premium Member
Disney updated the MDE app a while ago to function and list multiple virtual queues (the API now lists ROTR VQ as queue #0). So maybe the original plan was to always utilize the Virtual Queue system for Rat. Of course plans have and will probably change as we get closer to the inevitable opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom