News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Animaniac93-98

Starting to look more like it belongs in EPCOT:

Le Kitchen.jpg

;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here's a diagram of the proposed route. It looks like it was an extension of the EPCOT route.

Also note it continued farther south, to another terminus.

I found this in one of the boxes at the Buzz Price archives over at UCF.

View attachment 527282
Here’s a more detailed version with stations

I’ve seen several versions; this one with the loop and the one you posted which dead ended (though it may just have lacked detail and was a right of way suggestion)

I’ve also seen it coming off and joining the Epcot park loop between Imag and land, and also a self contained route with a station immediately west of the Epcot one. A variation passed either side of Land.

Obobru

Saw a video of this area on YouTube earlier and my partner who comes with me to the parks but is by no means a Disney "fan" looked at this and said "it looks so cheap and basic, clashes with the nice part at the front" then said "why are the window flower boxes so high they make no sense" and this is a guy who really doesn't notice most of the details at the parks in any significant way. If he noticed these things without me saying a word this has to be some seriously bad junk.

UNCgolf

So like every other Disney char

No, I see what he means.

It almost looks like a Halloween costume you could buy off the shelf somewhere -- it's not, of course, the mask/head piece alone is far beyond anything like that -- but it has a weird overall effect that you don't get from most Disney costumes. It looks disjointed somehow although I can't really put my finger on it; there's just something off.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Saw a video of this area on YouTube earlier and my partner who comes with me to the parks but is by no means a Disney "fan" looked at this and said "it looks so cheap and basic, clashes with the nice part at the front" then said "why are the window flower boxes so high they make no sense" and this is a guy who really doesn't notice most of the details at the parks in any significant way. If he noticed these things without me saying a word this has to be some seriously bad junk.

Thank you for sharing your anecdotal experience.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
No, I see what he means.

It almost looks like a Halloween costume you could buy off the shelf somewhere -- it's not, of course, the mask/head piece alone is far beyond anything like that -- but it has a weird overall effect that you don't get from most Disney costumes. It looks disjointed somehow although I can't really put my finger on it; there's just something off.

It IS* a store bought "off the shelf" costume. Wow. Same Model.
https://www.shopmascot.com/Chef-Rat-Mascot-Costume?

Pretty sad effort on Disney's part.

The Disney costumer should have Remy's tunic/cowl tucked inside the body not outside overlapping his stomach. The pose also needs work. Looks too human with a forced "showtime" stance like something you'd see Ronald McDonald do in a 1990s TV advert. Remy should also appear more guarded, slightly hunched over with hands pulled inward more like a T-Rex or as if rubbing his stomach.

The chief's toque hat on the non-Disney mascot is a smart addition. Disney should have incorporated that into his design

Overall though, It's not a great looking character costume.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Same Model. It IS* a store bought "off the shelf" costume. Wow.

It's not identical -- the ears are different and the Disney one isn't wearing a chef hat -- but it is really really close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom