News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Giss Neric

Universal is still building Velocicoaster so it can open alongside increased park capacities.

The ultimate goal of new attractions is to increase attendance, and when you are limiting attendance, there is no real reason to open expensive attractions designed to draw people in.

Rat sitting ready is no different from Super Nintendo World in Osaka sitting ready. This isn't a situation of being Disney dumb.

You could argue that delaying Disney's decision to delay Tron and Guardians by a significant margin is a mistake, but Universal has also delayed Epic Universe by ~2+ years despite Covid almost definitely being in the rear view mirror by the original opening year of 2023.
I'm completely empathetic on what is happening but salty at the same time. I'm just tired of delays.

mfortis

Sorry if this was asked and answered, but what is the projected opening date? We will be there In mid March and was looking forward to seeing the New France pavilion.

And don’t forget the “refreshers” in SW:GE.

BTW, of course there’s a blog about the restrooms at WDW: http://www.outhouseofmouse.com/
I never knew or would have fathomed such a site existed! I'm a bit disappointed there aren't as many photographs of the facilities. I was told the urinals in Le Cellier were waterfalls.

Speaking about lavatories, my current preference regarding them is that they should be kept uniform and sanitary. While I love Disney for its theming and feel that it should be kept in most parts of the parks (and the resorts, resort rooms should feel like a destination), the restrooms should be a respite from all the excitement that Disney has to offer. They should be plain yet clean, neutral and calm. Relieving yourself at Disney should be a relief where you are permitted to slow down, cool down, and take a breather. A place where you can take your time, do your business, wash your hands, recollect your belongings, and leave with limited judgment. That's why I believe all the restrooms should be family-friendly, gender-neutral facilities where stalls are replaced with small rooms with a commode, sink, hooks, grab bars, a changing table, and maybe even a little bench in the corner for parents who have to use the facilities themselves but don't have any other adult to watch their young child(ren). My mom had me stand in the stall with her when I was little and she had to go while we were out shopping- it does happen. Would this change be expensive? Yes. Would it be considerate and a luxury that should be expected at Disney? I would also say yes. Would the current administration be willing to do this? Lol no, not even for the Twitter likes.

Poseidon Quest

There is currently no date.

A betting man would say mid to end of March. Ish.

I think that seems reasonable, though Dr. Fauci did say that the COVID vaccine would most likely be available to anyone who wants it by April. I would think that once vaccinations ramp up, that's when Disney would resume normal operations and open the attraction. Summer seems to make sense to me?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think that seems reasonable, though Dr. Fauci did say that the COVID vaccine would most likely be available to anyone who wants it by April. I would think that once vaccinations ramp up, that's when Disney would resume normal operations and open the attraction. Summer seems to make sense to me?
I’d say March-ish for Rat.

Next year for “normal” operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom