News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Sue_Vongello

If the area is opening next week, it does seem odd that some people are saying the attraction won't open until March or even June. Why open the area? Unless the crepe place and gift shop is opening ... which would make sense.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If the area is opening next week, it does seem odd that some people are saying the attraction won't open until March or even June. Why open the area? Unless the crepe place and gift shop is opening ... which would make sense.
Yes i can very likely see a gradual phased opening of the area. The actual ride will likely be when they can properly market it.

LittleBuford

Only from the promenade though. The sides were meant to be more provincial.
Fair enough. The overall look is still far more homogenous than that of the UK pavilion, for instance. It feels more like a representation of Paris than of France in general, and the Ratatouille extension honours that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fair enough. The overall look is still far more homogenous than that of the UK pavilion, for instance. It feels more like a representation of Paris than of France in general, and the Ratatouille extension honours that.
Oh, the UK is all over the show. France certainly feels like the France I’m familiar with.

Flat painted facade and too tall chimneys notwithstanding of course :)

aladdin2007

Gotta disagree on that. The pavilion was built as one village but using the distinct architectural styles of each of four different Norwegian towns. The extension of the Royal Sommerhaus wrecked that integrity completely by impinging onto the neighbouring style buildings. ☹️
I get what your saying and I don't totally disagree, but the way they did it blends in fairly okay on its own for what it is, especially with the grassed roof that was already there and then they added more of that connection to the new buildings. The location was never meant or designed for more Norway, I wish they would not have thrown out park design in how expansions were meant to go forward, but they have thrown out everything that this park was meant to be and nothing matters anymore. Best part is if they ever wanted to do something different all together on that pad everything on it can be done away with, just wont happen in any of our lifetimes. That was(could be) prime real estate for a big new pavilion someday.

doctornick

Dont get me started on awkward floating chimney lol

when the Main Street bypass was created and required tree removal they eventually added some theming to a bare wall on the side of the Plaza Restaurant, maybe this will happen here too once they see how bad it looks. I’ll be happy to remind them at guest relations anytime I visit the park.
I remember with New Fantasyland, there was an exposed showbuilding above a facade (I think it was the LM ride seen from Belle’s village) and they covered it up after the land opened.

I wouldn’t be surprised if enough people complain or they just notice it and it’ll get covered up. Planting a tree seems like a simple easy task

doctornick

I think a phased opening makes the most sense in this COVID world. That way at least they can get the bloggers who are gonna video every square inch to do that before guests flood the area to ride the ride.

edit: is there a gift shop in the new area? I thought at most there might be a merch cart

castlecake2.0

I think a phased opening makes the most sense in this COVID world. That way at least they can get the bloggers who are gonna video every square inch to do that before guests flood the area to ride the ride.

edit: is there a gift shop in the new area? I thought at most there might be a merch cart
I was thinking the same thing, let the vloggers in to get their videos and let the hype die down a bit, it will also allow a bit more space for crowds to disperse.

there’s a small merch cart in the area as well

_caleb

According to the bylaws two correct guesses makes me an Insider.
Someone will probably suggest they pull a “SW:GE” —open the back of the pavilion but with the E Ticket closed and only the creperie and merch kiosk actually open.

To me, a phased opening would be an interesting way to do a selective/surprise soft-open of the ride. Open the new area to the public (the courtyard, Crepe shop, and merch stand), but save the grand opening of the ride for a bigger PR benefit next year. Then, they could randomly surprise a select number of guests to ride the ride (using them, rather than the general public as the guinea pigs for testing and to work out any issues).
I’m heading over to Pirates and Princesses to start my new blog

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom