News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I totally agree. The shutters are screaming for some brighter color and the awnings would be so much more charming in stripes. Hopefully there are as many beautiful flowers as there are in the concept art, that would help a lot.

The concept art also has benches and trees. I don't see them in the finished product.

trainplane3

It's time for everyone's favorite part of the ride:

M E A T R O O M
E
A
T
R
O
O
M

If I didn't know anything about this ride, I'd assume this was the entire ride. Even though it's a copy-paste situation, the indoor queue would be nice to show off.

hpyhnt 1000

The concept art also has benches and trees. I don't see them in the finished product.
I'll be shocked if they actually stick a bench in front of the to-go window like that. We'll probably get a few flower pots which will certainly help, though I also wouldn't be surprised if those disappear after a while, similar to how many of the sweeping flower beds in the redesigned MK hub were replaced by grass within a year.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's time for everyone's favorite part of the ride:

M E A T R O O M
E
A
T
R
O
O
M

If I didn't know anything about this ride, I'd assume this was the entire ride. Even though it's a copy-paste situation, the indoor queue would be nice to show off.
It’s the only go-to photogenic part of the ride that shows off the “shrunk down” theme for publicity.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

DonaldDoleWhip

I'm still blown away by the creativity on display here and look forward to seeing the outcome in a few days.

Also, kudos to Disney for supporting this quirky idea and not immediately shutting it down. I guess in its own way, it's also providing free hype for the attraction.

Marc Davis Fan

My main takeaways from that "preview tour" video were:

(1) The good: There's an "alleyway" next to the entrance, which adds some nice depth, making it feel more like a row of real buildings than just facades.

(2) The bad: The flats are unfortunately visible from up close after all, and they don't seem to look very good. So much for my optimism about that aspect earlier in this thread.

Here's a still that displays the good and the bad:
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 3.35.07 PM.png

Horizons1

I was ready to eye-roll when I saw "social media star" but was pleasantly surprised to learn she's not a typical influencer - rather a teacher from New York whose TikTok snowballed into something more.

Really cute story, with an output that arguably outshines the attraction itself. Good for her.

Update: there's going to be an actual performance on New Year's Day!

She cute. Probably the best part of the expansion.

yensidtlaw1969

Isn't it the only physical set in the whole ride?
There are a few, but it is by far the most fully realized. The Queue and Load Area are also dimensionally realized, and a brief corridor within the ride. There are also some "proscenium-like" thematic elements that frame projection screens.

Certainly it's the one that best provides a backdrop for people in space to gaze in awe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom