News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

jaxonp

WOW! I can't believe when I go to visit parks overseas most of the rides are in their native language! How dare they! NO CULTURE!!!!!

(this is a semi joke don't attack me)
disneyland Paris has most attraction in two languages. Some of Tokyo has English and same for HKDL. Only Shanghai seems to stick exclusively to Mandarin.

jaxonp

Are the rides in HKDL in Mandarin or Cantonese? (when not in English

Honestly not 100%. I can’t say I know the difference, which sounds ignorant but I’ve only been to China twice and Hong Kong once. I do know that certain rides like Jungle Cruise actually operate a complete ride with and English guide (honestly couldn’t understand them) and a Cantonese & a Mandarin version. I remember there being different lines/wait times for each languages.

speaking of Jungle Cruise in another language, Tokyo JC is a blast. I have no idea what they’re saying but it’s amazing!

Magic Feather

Are the rides in HKDL in Mandarin or Cantonese? (when not in English)
Almost entirely Cantonese + English. I think Mandarin is only on Jungle (and there *may* be Mandarin Subtitles for Wondrous Book)
Honestly not 100%. I can’t say I know the difference, which sounds ignorant but I’ve only been to China twice and Hong Kong once. I do know that certain rides like Jungle Cruise actually operate a complete ride with and English guide (honestly couldn’t understand them) and a Cantonese & a Mandarin version. I remember there being different lines/wait times for each languages.

speaking of Jungle Cruise in another language, Tokyo JC is a blast. I have no idea what they’re saying but it’s amazing!
Honestly, if it weren't for the English line being consistently the shortest, I would probably always select the Cantonese boat at HK. Usually the English skippers aren't super comfortable with the language so it gets muddled, but I applaud the effort to be accommodating to HK's multilingual population.

That said, Tokyo's JC, as you said, is the best case for Jungle Cruise being great even if you can't understand the language. TDL's skippers are a riot even when you have no idea what they are saying.

hpyhnt 1000

And don't forget those prerequisite French language lessons!

season 10 friends GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom