News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Disney Analyst

Each scene has English dialogue though.

Get this. I’m defending something new at Epcot !!
I actually love the concept of doing this. Can they do this with Frozen now?

“La den gå, la den gå.
Den kraften jeg skjulte før.
La den gå, la den gå.
Jeg har snudd og stengt en dør.
Jeg er lei, alt de tror de har sett.
La det storme nå,
litt frost gjør meg ingenting uansett.”

TiggerDad

I actually love the concept of doing this. Can they do this with Frozen now?

“La den gå, la den gå.
Den kraften jeg skjulte før.
La den gå, la den gå.
Jeg har snudd og stengt en dør.
Jeg er lei, alt de tror de har sett.
La det storme nå,
litt frost gjør meg ingenting uansett.”
That's crazy. The native language of Arendelle is English. Didn't you watch the movie?

:cool:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Veronica, the imagineer, seems really young to me. Is that the reason imagineering is not really constantly putting amazing stuff and some even questionable? I mean young means inexperience but I hope I'm wrong and they could really have potential and not hire people just for the sake of "diversity and being inclusive."

According to her linkedin she has a Masters in engineering from MIT and has worked in imagineering for 4 years. She’s listed in the video as Project Controls which is important but not like CEO.

I’m sure she was chosen for the video on the basis of being good on camera, which is generally important for such. When I’ve made behind the scenes videos in the past that’s what we looked for.

WDWYankee15

oui oui... uh hu hu hu huh (whilst sticking my nose up in the air) that's me french i learned from the movie.
I think that is from the Little Mermaid.
latest

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

As someone who closely followed construction of the original WDSP version of this (including getting a brief glimpse from the Toy Story parachute drop ride) it so surreal to watch Disney promote the WDW version as this BRAND NEW attraction that's SUPER exciting, despite the French equivalent being 7 years old by the time its Florida cousin is open to the public.

It's like going back in time. Before COVID, before BB8, when Olaf was a non verbal snowman in a teaser trailer. 🤣

Marc Davis Fan

The courtyard and facades look like they've come out a lot better than I anticipated -- grander and perhaps even more impressive than the ones at WDSP. Does anyone else have this sense, or am I being too optimistic?

One the other hand, perhaps the flat backdrop will look really unrealistic from the ground, so I guess we should all just reserve our judgment and keep our fingers crossed that it'll work...

(Apropos of nothing, re the "teaser" video: It'll be brand new and exciting to most guests. And it's also nice to see new talent at WDI being featured.)

JohnD

As someone who closely followed construction of the original WDSP version of this (including getting a brief glimpse from the Toy Story parachute drop ride) it so surreal to watch Disney promote the WDW version as this BRAND NEW attraction that's SUPER exciting, despite the French equivalent being 7 years old by the time its Florida cousin is open to the public.

It's like going back in time. Before COVID, before BB8, when Olaf was a non verbal snowman in a teaser trailer. 🤣
It’s “brand new” to WDW and how many people from the US really know about it? I’d say it’s more likely for international travelers to WDW (assuming they can travel due to COVID) who know more about it than domestic visitors.

lazyboy97o

Especially since it was the first trackless ride according to The Imagineering Story.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The courtyard and facades look like they've come out a lot better than I anticipated -- grander and perhaps even more impressive than the ones at WDSP. Does anyone else have this sense, or am I being too optimistic?

One the other hand, perhaps the flat backdrop will look really unrealistic from the ground, so I guess we should all just reserve our judgment and keep our fingers crossed that it'll work...

(Apropos of nothing, re the "teaser" video: It'll be brand new and exciting to most guests. And it's also nice to see new talent at WDI being featured.)

I will disagree that the courtyard in Epcot looks grander and more impressive than the one at WDSP, from what I’ve seen of both in person (or at least from pictures and from the Skyliner, in Epcot’s case).

nickys

Premium Member
Wish they’d do the videos without the masks on. They’re social distancing. I get why they don’t though. They probably don’t want people to think they can take pics wo it. In any case, I love when they release these behind the scenes videos!
It doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t see it matters unless their voice is muffled (in which case I suspect they’d re-record it).

In years to come people will know exactly when the video was recorded, just like photos taken now.

Lil Copter Cap

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom