News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

I just read an article from another popular WDW news site suggesting that the French recruiting agency used by Disney to employ French cast members have posted a job listing looking for the people to operate the Ratatouille attraction. After a quick search I couldn’t find the job listing online but this could be exciting news, not only for the opening of the attraction but, and more exciting for me personally, the return of the Cultural Representatives. Despite the wonderful job the cast members currently manning the pavilions are doing, I think the Cultural Reps are the life and soul of the World Showcase (the current cast members could be redeployed elsewhere of course, no one wants more jobs lost!).

With a possible vaccine now on the way and the visa ban due to end January 1st (Covid-permitting), could we start seeing the Cultural Representative Program begin to return in early 2021?
I saw the article you mentioned, and as someone in line to return to Epcot as a CRP I did some research to see what was going on because I hadn’t heard anything. The recruiting they mentioned is actually by a third party recruiter that hires for the food and beverage venues in the pavilion and looks to be outdated. It’s complicated because these people would be working for Chefs de France, not Disney directly, however they would need to live in Disney sponsored housing, which is not reopened yet and have had most their staff laid off. So saying all that, even if this company was hiring, it would not be for attraction hosts, so not really an indication of the attraction opening. Just another example of that other site making stuff up.

DCBaker

Premium Member
remy-ratatouille-adventure-second-wait-time-sign-3.jpg
remy-ratatouille-adventure-second-wait-time-sign-5.jpg

DisneyTransport

I saw the article you mentioned, and as someone in line to return to Epcot as a CRP I did some research to see what was going on because I hadn’t heard anything. The recruiting they mentioned is actually by a third party recruiter that hires for the food and beverage venues in the pavilion and looks to be outdated. It’s complicated because these people would be working for Chefs de France, not Disney directly, however they would need to live in Disney sponsored housing, which is not reopened yet and have had most their staff laid off. So saying all that, even if this company was hiring, it would not be for attraction hosts, so not really an indication of the attraction opening. Just another example of that other site making stuff up.
No way the CRPs are coming back for a while. I feel the domestic CMs will get ticked off if there is more layoffs as a result of bringing the program back.

However, I highly value the CRP program and think it is a vital part of EPCOT

sedati

Giss Neric

World Showcase always had cast from the specific country up until reopening after Corona.
Of course they could be American but it’s nice to have that little extra, especially in times when it seems like these little extras are being taken away.
Does Frozen Ever After have Norwegian CMs operating the ride? I didn't notice it.

Lorne82

My source says between March and June:
This timeline makes sense as R.A. Peterson tweeted the France Pavilion job posting used to say January 2021 and was changed to be more vague with Early 2021.

any word on when La Creperie de Paris will open?

Last edited by a moderator:

Giss Neric

Speaking of sweets, any word on when La Creperie de Paris will open?
I'm more excited for this opening than the ride but not anymore. I'm now more excited for Gideon's and Everglaze Donuts to open in Disney Springs cause it seems like they have a clearer plan when to open. Heck, M&M store might open ahead of crepe house.

gerarar

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned/pointed out yet, but ever since the main pathway has been painted completely, they’ve moved onto the grey tiles on the sides. They’re “painting” it to give it that rustic old look....which is very nice so far, as the general area does!

As shown here on Nov 10:
91237D9E-5569-4FC4-A707-AFC7C71A5BC9.jpeg

and on November 13:
08FCFD59-FCE4-4B68-889C-3B2E2F66D5CB.png

Also note; there’s flower boxes finally on the blue building.

Sources: First image from site that shall not be named, second image from MickeyViews

J4546

I have a dumb quesiton about remy in the paris park. That giant building to the right of remy, whats in that builing? Is it mostly for backstage?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom