News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Mat Cauthon

It was around nine weeks away from opening when work stopped. So it depends when work restarts, how fast it goes, and how and when training happens and with whom.
I don't know how project work is done at WDW so apologies if this is a dumb question. I wondered if with all projects delayed due to COVID they would prioritize certain projects based on how close to being done or a desired open date and assign/divert resources from other projects to shorten that 9 weeks lead time.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I don't know how project work is done at WDW so apologies is this is a dumb question. I wondered if with all projects delayed due to COVID they would prioritize certain projects based on how close to being done or a desired open date and assign/divert resources from other projects to shorten that 9 weeks lead time.
Disney is not the general contractor so they cannot move people between other companies and the trades working on other projects are not the ones doing finishing work or ride commissioning.

rle4lunch

Psst. Don't ask Martin about Epcot festivals. It ruins his day.

You can't blame Disney for offering premium prices for booze and food vendors that the customer willfully (and blissfully in some cases) drops money on. Epcot is basically a gucci Disney Springs at this point. With a couple of mediocre rides thrown in to spread the crowd out while they get schnockered. I have a real love/hate with Epcot's offerings. We basically use it for one of our two $$$ TS days, and hit FEA, MS and TT for our kids...

Last edited:

rreading

Rigorous sightlining was only a phase, then... until the one-IP mega-land... and even then, not 100% rigorous.

I'm not sure that I catch your allusion. To me, the most egregious/obvious one would actually be the Rapunzel tower from Rivers of America. Soarin's box doesn't bother me. I don't think that GoTG will bother most of us as it's not a commonly-viewed sight line from within the park (and will hopefully fade into the background from WS).

The one which I worry about is Tron spoiling the view of SM when approaching MK. One of my favorite views in WDW

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not sure that I catch your allusion. To me, the most egregious/obvious one would actually be the Rapunzel tower from Rivers of America. Soarin's box doesn't bother me. I don't think that GoTG will bother most of us as it's not a commonly-viewed sight line from within the park (and will hopefully fade into the background from WS).

The one which I worry about is Tron spoiling the view of SM when approaching MK. One of my favorite views in WDW

Original DL certainly wasn't strict with sight lines.

Then during the time of Epcot *pure* sightlines were the ideal... until they weren't (cf. Swolphin).

Then Cars Land and Potter Lands brought back sightline purity by not letting you see anything out of their one-IP land.

Toy Story Land and SW Land also attempted sightline purity, but there are a few gaps to the outside world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom