News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

disneyC97

Tiki Room had/has the cover on the preshow, the Main Street Station has more cover than Disneyland, plus IASW and the FL dark ride queues were under cover from day 1.

Rich Brownn

Tiki Room had/has the cover on the preshow, the Main Street Station has more cover than Disneyland, plus IASW and the FL dark ride queues were under cover from day 1.
My understand IASW wasn't inside/covered because of rain, but because of how the area is designed (it's ground level, versus rooftop). Also the design is different (flooded building vis trough in a warehouse). Remember these are the same people who didn't put a roof over the teacups.

JohnD

Rat building is on the new park map for F&G.
SSE is closing May 26.
I'm hoping for soft opening days the week before...

I had a trip scheduled to start 3/30. With WDW closing 3/15-3/31, I rescheduled my trip to start 5/25. My first day is planned for Epcot. I'll be sure to get that FP for SSE before closure.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Anyone know when in the "summer", Rat is scheduled to open? I rescheduled my March trip due to the WDW March closure for May 25-29.
It had seemed like the plan was late May. It is unclear at this point if the park closure will accelerate or delay the initial timeline.

JohnD

It had seemed like the plan was late May. It is unclear at this point if the park closure will accelerate or delay the initial timeline.

Probably delay. My first initial thought was the construction workers could go work unimpeded by guests. But then it occurred to me: the virus doesn't care if they're guests, CMs, or construction workers. They would still be around each other. So everything, including construction, may stop.

CraftyFox

I know I’m a little late to the party, but the yellow building is still extremely fake-looking. I’m shocked they still didn’t refurbish it further. It’s like the McMansion interpretation of “French architecture”. The disproportionally large arch on the side of the roof supported by those skinny little columns reads more 80’s postmodern than anything else. I really don’t understand why it wasn’t renovated further.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

I know I’m a little late to the party, but the yellow building is shockingly fake-looking. It’s like the 90’s McMansion interpretation of “French architecture”. The disproportionally large arch on the side of the roof supported by those skinny little columns looks more postmodern than anything else. I really don’t understand how this design was approved.
Yes, it's really ugly.

But it's been there for decades, and was only meant to be seen from a distance and not from inside the pavilion.

They should've spent more money now to retheme it instead of just repaint it

Prototype82

There seems to be a lot of departure from the concept art here. Of course it's only concept art..But the creperie was supposed to have multiple color facades. Seemed more "city street" to me. It follows the same building shape but I think that's a lot of beige considering painting looks complete. Maybe the shutters and awnings will complete the look. I'm obsessed with this project. lol

Timothy_Q

There seems to be a lot of departure from the concept art here. Of course it's only concept art..But the creperie was supposed to have multiple color facades. Seemed more "city street" to me. It follows the same building shape but I think that's a lot of beige considering painting looks complete. Maybe the shutters and awnings will complete the look. I'm obsessed with this project. lol
Painting of the creperie looks nowhere near complete

Purduevian

Construction workers have been spotted at a few construction spots, Universal included. Which is a good thing!

Depends on your view of this if a good thing or not.

A) Construction is going along as planned and things should be open on schedule
or
B) Disney is not sending construction employees home, thus not doing all they can to help the spread
or
C) Construction is going along, but possible at a reduced speed with more restrictions in place to prevent the spread.

Personally, I'd rather see a bare minimum of people in the park. I know some people have to be in the park, such as security, but I would rather these projects fall a month behind, then up the risk of a larger outbreak.

CastAStone

Premium Member
New update. Construction workers were told to go home. Everything is halted. Get ready for massive budget cuts and cancellations
Not sure what the former has to do with the later but as has been noted here several times Remy is almost done so that’s not really a concern here. Delays, yes. Cuts and cancellations, how?

CastAStone

Premium Member
Similar to the 9/11 crisis. Disney lost money and budgets for projects are often scaled back and they get cancelled and delayed for a long time.

Journey of Water will definitely get axed. And Mary Poppins in the UK. And no more rumors of a new Figment ride revamp.

EPCOT will become IPCOT with possibly cheap reskins of every ride.
This thread is about Remy.

Rteetz

Similar to the 9/11 crisis. Disney lost money and budgets for projects are often scaled back and they get cancelled and delayed for a long time.

Journey of Water will definitely get axed. And Mary Poppins in the UK. And no more rumors of a new Figment ride revamp.

Oh dear...

Just an FYI Poppins was in trouble before this stuff even started.

Magic Feather

Please stop with this sensationalist bs. No decisions have “definitely” been made, and when they are made, Journey of Water is very far from being cut. An attractive, cheap project based on an IP is all but a guarantee. It is genuinely saving them adding some small rockwork and fountains considering that the area would have to be landscaped anyways. The *only* was it doesn’t happen is if the NW CC building stays up, which, last I checked, is effectively past the point of no return.
Poppins was already uncertain, and while this may Be the final nail in its coffin, it certainly won’t be the reason that Epcot gets a bunch of cheap IP overlays because they would cost even more unplanned money, because there are no unannounced tethered in the pipeline that are going to happen in the near future.

Disneybear

Without knowing what contracts Disney has entered into with contractors / manufacturers, in most cases many months ago it is impossible to say any project is getting cancelled. Many show elements (animatronics / vehicles / track ) may be being manufactured just now for installation on site many months from now. Disney will be committed to these processes and their costs and may incur fees for cancellation, making it cheaper to carry on and complete the works.
Also remember how we all complain about Disney dragging out construction time over many quarters, well this may be what saves them and allows these projects to proceed.

juniorthomas

f07203eb299b1e0b0e9845acb3e8ae9a.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom