News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

DVCakaCarlF

It is not uncommon for operations to pay for follow up items such as awnings, enhancements, fixtures, etc. The hotel, multi family, and retail business does this all the time. Some do it every two years to keep things current...that being said, this is Disney. They have more than enough to pay for everything on opening day.

There shouldn’t be “let’s see how things go, and then spend some more money.” The place literally prints money.

peter11435

It is not uncommon for operations to pay for follow up items such as awnings, enhancements, fixtures, etc. The hotel, multi family, and retail business does this all the time. Some do it every two years to keep things current...that being said, this is Disney. They have more than enough to pay for everything on opening day.

There shouldn’t be “let’s see how things go, and then spend some more money.” The place literally prints money.
WDI has a budget (often higher than it should be) they must work with for any project. They will often overlook certain items in the initial build because they know those items will quickly be deemed necessary and funded separately later.

Like the theamed canopy structure built over the barnstormer queue. It’s not that WDI didn’t know it was hot in Florida and that a shade structure was necessary. They just choose to save their money at the time knowing full well it would be funded later and they could design and install it as a separate project. It happens all the time.

Bender123

Disney has often overlooked that. When the Magic Kingdom opened, they ended up having to add covers for the queues in Mansion, Hall of Presidents.... and a roof for the Mad Tea Party (oh the joys of bailing out teacups...) I think California forgets about humidity and rain sometimes...

Epcot was the start of the indoor queue...Its sort of the only one that always did (save SE)...

Im trying to recall opening day/early days attractions that had an indoor queue for MK and can only think of Country Bears, If You Had Wings, Fantasyland Theater, Pirates and Space Mountain...

Epcot was all indoor except SE.

Studios had GMR and Muppets inside, but everything else outside.

For some reason I read through my list and realize that Epcot seems to be the one that generated the indoor queue fallacy for WDW...Unique again, but the pavilion designs were meant to be inclusive of all aspects of the theme, so an outdoor queue would not make sense for any of those.

Rich Brownn

Epcot was the start of the indoor queue...Its sort of the only one that always did (save SE)...

Im trying to recall opening day/early days attractions that had an indoor queue for MK and can only think of Country Bears, If You Had Wings, Fantasyland Theater, Pirates and Space Mountain...

Epcot was all indoor except SE.

Studios had GMR and Muppets inside, but everything else outside.

For some reason I read through my list and realize that Epcot seems to be the one that generated the indoor queue fallacy for WDW...Unique again, but the pavilion designs were meant to be inclusive of all aspects of the theme, so an outdoor queue would not make sense for any of those.
Pirates had an indoor queue, and was designed because of the issues they had with all the outdoor queues. That was way before EPCOT opened. (Also the queues for Energy was outside, the majority of the queue for WoM was outside but under cover. )

Bender123

Pirates had an indoor queue, and was designed because of the issues they had with all the outdoor queues. That was way before EPCOT opened. (Also the queues for Energy was outside, the majority of the queue for WoM was outside but under cover. )

Im never really sure how to categorize the "queue" for shows like Bears, Muppets, Mission to Mars, etc...They were more holding pen than line.

Obviously, there was outdoor line portions for these, but they weren't really used except in extreme situations.

For 95% of WDW trips, the line was "inside" for this purpose.

The case Im making is that the vast majority of MK lines were outside...Indoor lines weren't really an extensive effort until Epcot.

FigmentFan82

I'm there firs week of May and last week of June. Having this for both trips would be great but I'll take just the June one if it opens late May.

I would be excited about the idea of having "pretend" service doors and things to cover up secrets if they were well integrated and themed accordingly.
sketch1583958207120(1).png

Josh Hendy

I would be excited about the idea of having "pretend" service doors and things to cover up secrets if they were well integrated and themed accordingly.
What if it had "Fromagerie" painted on it? Lol.

I keep going back to this but in any of the Harry Potter lands it seems to be difficult to find any "bad show". Such as bad sightlines (with one or two exceptions), visible backstage infrastructure or broken effects. Disney treats bad show as "good enough" and there are examples of it posted here almost every day. And it's not like HP fans are more demanding than Disney fans ... it's 100% corporate culture.

I don't think this one is a huge deal. It's not as bad as leaving important ride effects broken and unfixed for 10 years plus. But Walt ... or Universal ... would have redesigned that facade to incorporate the door in an unobtrusive way instead of saying, meh, we'll plant a couple of trees in front.

If the ride building is going to be a huge, green, box from several viewpoints including within the park then that's a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom