News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Goofywilliam

I think it looks super cute!
I was thinking the same thing! It‘s almost as if the constraints of the site (all of the utilities and infrastructure that are/were located in and behind the pavilion) allowed for a more interesting and authentic layout with the promenade along the water and narrow street up to the entrance of the attraction. I honestly am still having a hard time wrapping my head around how they fit this expansion into that area based on the time I’ve spent back there. I’m really looking forward to experiencing this area and hope it ends up being a great addition to EPCOT!

BubbaisSleep

I was thinking the same thing! It‘s almost as if the constraints of the site (all of the utilities and infrastructure that are/were located in and behind the pavilion) allowed for a more interesting and authentic layout with the promenade along the water and narrow street up to the entrance of the attraction. I honestly am still having a hard time wrapping my head around how they fit this expansion into that area based on the time I’ve spent back there. I’m really looking forward to experiencing this area and hope it ends up being a great addition to EPCOT!
The tight space makes it looks like something they'd do at Disneyland. Disney is forced to be more creative & whimsical with less room as we've clearly seen when comparing both coasts. There are so many layers in this small area I'm sure it's going to look so big from ground-level.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, February 22, 2020. An entrance archway of scrolled ironwork has been installed on the canal side.

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

A close up of the paint and architectural details on the buildings.

IMG_2848.JPG

The plaza fountain is quite large.

IMG_2849.JPG

Epcot82Guy

I would agree. I enjoyed it in WDSP. But, it's a D-Ticket.

I will also say, the more I look at the flats. They could work. It's more that it feels like they are missing a layer. So, it makes the flats feel very (actually) flat and 2D. If they added another layer of facades, it would add a ton to this.

Epcot82Guy

I can totally see where you would find the concept art misleading. I know that area (onstage and backstage) pretty well. So, I think I had a good reference point. But it could imply more and still be accurate. Especially if you generally compare it to the WDSP area. Not saying that's a good comparison, but I think people would do that naturally to some extent.

Now back to making my @realBobChapek voo doo doll...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom