News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

britain

^^^Unfortunately, this seems to be the new standard. The backs of SW:GE on both coasts, Pandora at AK, and Cars Land at DCA are all unthemed. Especially driving to these parks exposes all this- which should never be seen by guests. Never.

True, but at least DL did an admirable thing by extending the "spires on a stick" all the way down to the roofs of the backstage buildings.

1581536750008.png

Photo from Westcoaster.net

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
True, but at least DL did an admirable thing by extending the "spires on a stick" all the way down to the roofs of the backstage buildings.

View attachment 448501

Photo from Westcoaster.net
Yet you can still see stick supports from BTM

France currently is pretty farcicle, but this the era of seeing the Skyliner run behind pavilions from inside the park too.

Missing20K

Or Tokyo Disneyland

The difference being one is a painted flat of a landscape, wherein desaturating the color helps to fool the eye into it appearing at a distance. In this case, the flats are small, chimney shaped pieces that jut off the top of the structure, belying their implication of being a three dimensional object.

Was also making the point that at MGM, painted flats were very much part and parcel to the overall theme of the park. This is not the case here.

Josh Hendy

And why did the flats need to be that much higher than the showbuilding? Bringing it down a few feet would do wonderes!
I assume they want to give the illusion that "Paris" is not just 30 yards deep ending in an alleyway with dumpsters immediately behind the show building but instead make it look like the roofs go on for miles.

Is this issue mostly caused by the Skyway exposing guests to backstage areas? Probably berms are the only real answer but very difficult to retrofit.

lazyboy97o

I assume they want to give the illusion that "Paris" is not just 30 yards deep ending in an alleyway with dumpsters immediately behind the show building but instead make it look like the roofs go on for miles.

Is this issue mostly caused by the Skyway exposing guests to backstage areas? Probably berms are the only real answer but very difficult to retrofit.
The typical Parisian Street is tall enough that you don’t tend to see rolling rooftops beyond. The flats are there to conceal the parapet of the show building. A berm would not do anything as it would need to be massive and go where the queue and main facade is located.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What's our current best guess of what happens to Epcot's FastPass tiers when this opens? If MMRR isn't getting boarding groups, I assume this won't either. So that would put it in Group A I'm guessing, but does any of the existing Group A slide to Group B?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What's our current best guess of what happens to Epcot's FastPass tiers when this opens? If MMRR isn't getting boarding groups, I assume this won't either. So that would put it in Group A I'm guessing, but does any of the existing Group A slide to Group B?

Good question. Rat will definitely be a Tier A attraction, but what gets bumped, if anything? I could see EF get bumped, or maybe they just leave things alone and just add Rat to Tier A without moving anything down. I also wonder if they'll move a 3-tier system when GotG opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom