News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Animaniac93-98

This just dawned on me... when was the last time there was an addition to Epcot; and not something replacing something? Is this the first in... decades?

I was about to say Soarin' because it was a major addition to the Land building, but it also replaced Food Rocks.

Mission: Space replaced Horizons

Frozen replaced Maelstrom

Sum of All Thrills replaced...whatever was in Innoventions before that.

I guess it would be Wonders of Life in '89 was the last time something was truly added to the park, unless you count Millennium Village.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This just dawned on me... when was the last time there was an addition to Epcot; and not something replacing something? Is this the first in... decades?

Depends on how one defines "new"... Soarin' added a theater. The Sommerhus was a new building and attraction. Then the new Japan restaurant. And most importantly, the permanent tequila kiosk in Mexico.

Upcoming expansions of 'the footprint' will be Ratatouille, Creperie, 220, Mary Poppins Attraction, and the GotG gravity building.

RSoxNo1

Depends on how one defines "new"... Soarin' added a theater. The Sommerhus was a new building and attraction. Then the new Japan restaurant. And most importantly, the permanent tequila kiosk in Mexico.

Upcoming expansions of 'the footprint' will be Ratatouille, Creperie, 220, Mary Poppins Attraction, and the GotG gravity building.
If you're looking at total ride count. There were 10 rides in 1990 by my count and 9 now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

ToTBellHop

The most important thing for me (and, I think, everyone here) is: how are they going to make this work on the map? The Eiffel Tower is pictured behind IDF, but now there’ll be a new plaza behind that building. Where do you put the Eiffel Tower? Can’t put it on top of a building even if that is where it actually is...inquiring minds want...nay, demand answers!

AC59EC52-7AF1-4002-B3CE-1178AEF41689.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The most important thing for me (and, I think, everyone here) is: how are they going to make this work on the map? The Eiffel Tower is pictured behind IDF, but now there’ll be a new plaza behind that building. Where do you put the Eiffel Tower? Can’t put it on top of a building even if that is where it actually is...inquiring minds want...nay, demand answers!

View attachment 431376

The tower isn't even in the right place now.

Just move it to the nearest BoH space that gets greened-out.

Animaniac93-98

View attachment 431376

They're going to drop it in the lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom