News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Movielover

Ah, the traditional la facade du fromage!
avec jambon!

tenor.gif

po1998

I'm not even sure I've ever been to the back of the France pavilion, nor am I familiar with the interior layout of the buildings. Was there no easy way for Rat to exit out into the courtyard of France instead of having to hike around the back of the pavilion via the same path you entered on?

I'm guessing if there was an inexpensive way to accomplish this, TDO would have chosen that, seeing how they always want guests walking by eating, drinking and shopping options?

Timothy_Q

I'm not even sure I've ever been to the back of the France pavilion, nor am I familiar with the interior layout of the buildings. Was there no easy way for Rat to exit out into the courtyard of France instead of having to hike around the back of the pavilion via the same path you entered on?

I'm guessing if there was an inexpensive way to accomplish this, TDO would have chosen that, seeing how they always want guests walking by eating, drinking and shopping options?
It's usually considered bad design to dump people too far off from where they entered the attraction.

In case half the group is waiting outside while the other half is on the ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

They would have had to give up the lobby for Impressions de France or the gift shop at the entrance to the bakery.

While the gift shop would have seem the easy choice, that area is always super busy and dumping 1,700 people per hour there would have been madness. Plus, there would have been more back-of-house that would have needed to be moved to make it happen.

po1998

They would have had to give up the lobby for Impressions de France or the gift shop at the entrance to the bakery.

While the gift shop would have seem the easy choice, that area is always super busy and dumping 1,700 people per hour there would have been madness. Plus, there would have been more back-of-house that would have needed to be moved to make it happen.
Thank you!

SplashJacket

I have a question regarding Paris Ratatouille and depending on the answer I will also have a question regarding Epcot's version.

I have gone to DLP in 2013, 2016, and 2019.

In 2013 the ride was not open but I rode it many times in both 2016 and 2019.

My question is regarding the vehicle, specifically its movement. I rode the ride in 2016 and was blown away, however, in 2019, while still impressed by the ride, I felt something was missing.

In 2019 my first ride through lacked the tapping rat effect, but in later ones it was present. However, I remember in 2016 the Rats would move in front of the screens, like tilt. Despite this memory, every time I rode it the rats simply parked in front of the screens and sat there. Did I imagine the ride vehicle movements?

I know Epcot is supposed to be a near-perfect clone, but if Paris does lack a tilting system on the ride vehicle, will one be added to Epcot?

The lack of movement, imagined or not, was profound, and greatly detracted from the screen-heavy attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom