News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

nickys

Premium Member
OT for this thread -- just responding this once since you put this here for some reason: Kidani is a poor comparison. It's cheaper. Riviera is priced like Bay Lake Tower, without nearly the convenience. That's my point in the other thread.

I put it there as an example of, what is to me, an over the top concern about Riviera!

aladdin2007

Yes... relative convenience and reliability of transportation and park access for a given price, and a few little trees that may be removed... I see the comparison... ... ... ;)

fans appreciate details in history, design, and aesthetics its what has made Disney unique and different... Obviously some dont care or dont see it.... Its these types of things we come on here to discuss to matter how small or large whether it be a pavilion, a tree, or some other past, current, or future change.

Last edited:

sedati

fans appreciate details in history, design, and aesthetics its what has made Disney unique and different... Obviously some dont care or dont see it.... Its these types of things we come on here to discuss to matter how small or large whether it be a pavilion, a tree, or some other past, current, or future change.
I once thought as you do. Now I believe "fans" just complain about how things aren't going the way they thought they would, call for creators to have their creations pulled from their hands, and offer up "better" ideas that are usually worse or at least impractical. This is far from a Disney only problem- pretty much everything I follow online seems to want me to hate the things I (and they?) enjoy.

rle4lunch

I once thought as you do. Now I believe "fans" just complain about how things aren't going the way they thought they would, call for creators to have their creations pulled from their hands, and offer up "better" ideas that are usually worse or at least impractical. This is far from a Disney only problem- pretty much everything I follow online seems to want me to hate the things I (and they?) enjoy.

Armchair imagineering... It's quite the thing isn't it? EVERYone has a better idea. Thanks to the creation of the internet, we all get to hear them! Thanks a lot Al Gore!

MickeyMinnieMom

Gets so old... if I don’t care about the same things you do (in this case a tiny cluster of trees of all things!!!!) I’m not a real fan. Alrighty.

I need to keep this top of mind here: 😂
85C821DD-3FA5-4A5A-B528-090C51187140.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
Gets so old... if I don’t care about the same things you do (in this case a tiny cluster of trees of all things!!!!) I’m not a real fan. Alrighty.

I need to keep this top of mind here: 😂View attachment 388027

And yet if people care about different things to you, then they are guilty of being melodramatic and fretting over the minutiae.

Could we not just debate the points?

Kman101

Yes -- my minor things are someone else's important things... even a tiny little cluster of young trees that may or may not be removed... ... ... 🙄 Like I said, IMO the melodrama here and other boards like it around such minor things is a cut above (below??) what you find in most other places -- even other social media outlets wrt theme parks.

OT for this thread -- just responding this once since you put this here for some reason: Kidani is a poor comparison. It's cheaper. Riviera is priced like Bay Lake Tower, without nearly the convenience. That's my point in the other thread.

Always happy to agree to disagree! But the fretting over minutiae is a reason I take big breaks from places like this.

And now you're fretting over someone's simple opinion ;)

wserratore1963

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 3, 2019. Close-up of the roof structure on the building across from the Ratatouille attraction.

View attachment 386502

Rather than start a new thread, the round plaza at the front of the France pavilion is being refurbished behind the construction walls.

View attachment 386505
This can't open open fast enough for me. Thanks for posting!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. In the following two photos, the new walls along the canal are taking shape, including pre-cast capstones along the top of the wall.

IMG_1616.JPG

Along the exterior wall of the theatre building, wire mesh has been attached for a new stucco surface (see the gray area on the lower, extreme right of the building). Additionally, spaced along the wall appears to be electrical conduit for lighting fixtures. The capstones along the canal wall are visible.

IMG_1617.JPG

aladdin2007

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. In the following two photos, the new walls along the canal are taking shape, including pre-cast capstones along the top of the wall.

View attachment 391477

Along the exterior wall of the theatre building, wire mesh has been attached for a new stucco surface (see the gray area on the lower, extreme right of the building). Additionally, spaced along the wall appears to be electrical conduit for lighting fixtures. The capstones along the canal wall are visible.

View attachment 391478

nice, I think when all is said and done it will look fairly good, except for the ugly gondola towers.

peter11435

That one corner could be brown. It’s the back corner not the lagoon side front corner. This is WDI laziness only
That is not the back corner. The corner visible from inside Morocco is on the lagoon side. If that corner was brown it would be visible from across the lagoon.

The simple fix is to add an element on the existing Morocco structure to fill that gap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom