News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

ChewbaccaYourMum

I honestly feel this is becoming a “thing” due to the cost of these trips... how are the home values doing in sunny Orlando these days??
Edit: sorry - forgot what topic we were on... someone get us back on topic!!
Not sure. I live south from WDW about 2 1/2 hours away. I pay about $30/month on the annual pass I have, go up maybe once every 2 months for a weekend getaway, and when I go I'm with 1-3 other people and we all split hotel. It's very easy without kids and when you live in Florida lol.

I've been doing trips every 2 months for probably the last 7 years maybee..... and I don't think I've spent as much as people on here have said they spent on one trip. Like @Mike S said it makes me almost not want to have kids haha!

bcoachable

Not sure. I live south from WDW about 2 1/2 hours away. I pay about $30/month on the annual pass I have, go up maybe once every 2 months for a weekend getaway, and when I go I'm with 1-3 other people and we all split hotel. It's very easy without kids and when you live in Florida lol.

I've been doing trips every 2 months for probably the last 7 years maybee..... and I don't think I've spent as much as people on here have said they spent on one trip. Like @Mike S said it makes me almost not want to have kids haha!
Kids are cool- don’t sweat it! You do it right, and they will make you very proud!
And I’m quite sure they will love this new Rat Ride!!!
(When they pay for their own trip! ;) )

clemmo

I wouldn't mind visiting DLP again, but the wife did not come away with a positive feeling overall from the trip.
DLP was awesome! I went for the first at the end of May and loved it. So nice to not have to battle crowds and get to actually relax on main street. Definitely want to go back once the WDSP expansion is done. Speaking of Rat really enjoyed the ride but wish there were a few more physical sets. Also found myself trying to focus on not noticing the floor in front of the screen that brought you out of the theming. If that could've been themed it would've been excellent. It's a shame they're not changing that for Epcot.

Disney Analyst

Guess who’s not going to Disney with family (whenever I have one) until the kids have jobs and pay for themselves...

I don’t think I’ve hit that amount with all of my own trips yet, jeeeeeez.

This is a reason I don’t want to have kids... travelling becomes so much more expensive. My partner and I can afford nice trips for the two of us.

plutofan15

It certainly is different traveling with kids! But seeing their reactions when they experience the parks for the first time is priceless, something I wouldn't trade for anything. That being said, I look forward to the rare vacation, Disney or otherwise, that my wife can take alone. ;)
One of the best experiences we had with our kids was being part of a Disney commercial years ago. Go to the 1:50 mark for our part of the commercial. My son is the one in the Hawiian shirt and my daughter is the one taking her first steps at the end. They are now 11 & 13 years old and still enjoy going to Disney just as much as then.

cjkeating

I’ll also say Phantom Manor got a near perfect overhaul and also parks-wide cleanliness, upkeep and effects were surprisingly excellent.

Glad you had a good trip. DLP has really maintained momentum since the 25th. Most effects if they break seem to get fixed quickly nowadays, I'd be tempted to say Disneyland Park is better maintained than WDW right now.

Also pleased to see you liked Rat... I never really understand why it gets so much hate on here.

doctornick

It also should be said that you get out of your trip what you put into it. If your goal is to hit the attractions and meet characters, then they've got you covered. If you want to relax by the pool and eat some good food you can do that too. I think in WDW there is something for everyone, even if everyone doesn't like everything.

It's worth noting that a lot of those extra "resort" type stuff are still available at WDW even if they aren't advertised much - golf is still there, horseback riding, fishing, bike rentals, campfires, obviously relaxing at the pool, surfing lessons, minigolf, etc. A bunch of the resorts have tennis and other sporting facilities. Someone can easily just visit and hang out at the resorts or go to DS for shopping (or a Cirque show). Yes, there are costs involved for much of this stuff, but there are alternatives to "just" doing the parks if that is what one prefers.

ToTBellHop

Glad you had a good trip. DLP has really maintained momentum since the 25th. Most effects if they break seem to get fixed quickly nowadays, I'd be tempted to say Disneyland Park is better maintained than WDW right now.

Also pleased to see you liked Rat... I never really understand why it gets so much hate on here.
I dare say some who hate Rat haven’t even been to France. But they have had French toast if that counts.

Chomama

Ok this may not really mean anything but...I just exited star tours. Two cast members at the ride exit were loudly discussing test and adjust for GE. One replied that he didn’t get it but he DID get it for ratatouille and the other was quite jealous. Does anyone know how close to opening they start signing cast members up for test and adjust? Because if you do you may have an idea of how close it is. Or not! I have no idea but just sharing :)

Edit for typo

GlacierGlacier

Ok this may not really mean anything but...I just exited star tours. Two cast members at the ride exit were loudly discussing test and adjust for GE. One replied that he didn’t get it but he DID get it for ratatouille and the other was quite jealous. Does anyone know how close to opening they start signing cast members up for test and adjust? Because if you do you may have an idea of how close it is. Or not! I have no idea but just sharing :)

Edit for typo
Test and adjust for Rise was going on in late March, early May. It's currently also happening for the skyliners.

Either way, spring still looks good, but I couldn't imagine a specific month more than the other sources can.

Sir_Cliff

To bring this back on topic, our flight to Paris last year was cheaper than the flight to LA. DLP tickets were also cheaper but the hotel was more. And I don’t hate Rat, I just don’t think it’s the greatest ride ever like some people are claiming. It’s cute, but I didn’t need to ride it multiple times.
The hotel prices at DLP are a bit of a killer.

As for Ratatouille, I don't think I've seen anyone claim it is the greatest ride ever or anything close to it. I think a lot of us, though, think it's a fun ride that will likely be very popular at Epcot and, if they have to go the IP route in WS, this is one of the better fits. The cost is a little eye watering, but that's current WDI for you.

awoogala

World showcase was never a bastion of child joy...Granted, Future World always was, but WS has always had problems with children. If they can put a ride or two back there, fine by me.
no. way. as a small, small child. the second it opened, I was enthralled. as a blue collar family, that went to Disney in the 80's, we were enraptured by the idea of "traveling the world" when you knew your parents didn't have the "travel the world" kind of money. problem is, these days, Disney costs the same or more than traveling the world. so now, yes. it isn't. but when it opened.. it WAS a bastion of child joy- EPCOT was the best of wdw.. it offered tech we could not get at home (touch screens, in the 80's!!) , and world travel we might never see!
so NOW, it might seem that way, but as a kid in the 80's, EPCOT was the be-all, end-all for tech, and magic, and worlds beyond we did not see at home. which is why we might balk at the "not for kids" moniker it has developed when we blinked in the last 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom