News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Mike S

Just for further reference, our last trip came to just under $10,400 all in. this was seven nights, eight park days, Dining plan, airfare, snacks, alcohol, shopping, photopass, etc...

That was three teens and two adults cramming into a CBR five person room.
Y’all crazy. Been there so many times I’d never spend that much for one trip. Not worth it at all.
Great for you if you are able to keep your WDW trip costs low, but it's pretty naive to not realize that WDW trips for families costs lots of $$$
I didn't think it would be THAT much.

Bender123

Y’all crazy. Been there so many times I’d never spend that much for one trip. Not worth it at all.

If you really want bad, try doing a joint trip with other families...You get clipped for 20% automatic tip on every meal you eat as a group of 8 or more on everything (My brother also has a wife and three kids + our parents)...So you want to eat at a buffet that has literally no server? Great...cost per plate is like $50 a person (on meal plan, they figure the tip based on the per plate normal price). Suddenly...

A trip to Chef Mickey on the meal plan is $120, because you have to pay a tip for the kid who brought you one soda and took your plates away. Nothing against the staff...they work hard...but that is a harsh price to pay for what is essentially self service dining.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Guess who’s not going to Disney with family (whenever I have one) until the kids have jobs and pay for themselves...

I don’t think I’ve hit that amount with all of my own trips yet, jeeeeeez.

Don't you know that by the time you and your spouse have 3 kids, the two of you should be pulling in a six digit salary? Then $10K will be like nothing!!

bclane

This thread suddenly makes me not want kids, or to just have one. Also appreciation for my parents raising me and my siblings and sticking through it all.
Kids are great. Having two girls has enriched my life beyond my wildest dreams. But yeah, your life changes...in a lot of ways when you have them. But even Disney can still be done for less money than most people seem willing to spend. Stay off site. Taco Bell or McDonalds for Breakfast. PB&J sandwiches for lunch. Quick service for dinner. Bring in water bottles to refill throughout the day. Souvenirs at the outlets or Walmart. That's what we did when the girls were young and before moving to Orlando. Now that we're locals it's a whole different ballgame. We have passes, we eat before we go to the parks and usually only stay for a few hours in the evenings. It actually works out to pretty cheap entertainment for us. My wife and I are both teachers so we have to really watch the budget, but we still have tons of fun. We just don't spend tons of money in the parks other than the occasional Mickey Bar or churro. We do spend more during the festivals and the occasional date night to places like Boma for birthdays or anniversaries. Anyway, just trying to say that having kids is life altering but I wouldn't change a thing. It definitely didn't mean the end of Disney trips for us.

Sir_Cliff

After my last trip (with friends & no kids), I was left with the sensation that what to me feels like a vacation at WDW was already nudging not being worth it. I completely respect people saving by staying and eating off-site, etc. if that is the only way it's possible to get a WDW vacation and that in and of itself is a priority for someone. For me, though, a vacation is not about spending thousands of dollars to go somewhere where I have to spend my time rationing my food budget, eating fast food and snacks from 7-11 for most of my meals, and foregoing a cocktail or glass of wine after a day of trudging around in the heat so that the experience makes sense financially. A trip to WDW is increasingly dividing into either a bit of an ordeal to be weathered for the privilege of being at WDW or a fun, even relaxing vacation that costs a fortune.

Thankfully, I don't live too far from DLP which already has the Ratatouille attraction! See, on topic!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Guess who’s not going to Disney with family (whenever I have one) until the kids have jobs and pay for themselves...

I don’t think I’ve hit that amount with all of my own trips yet, jeeeeeez.
You’ll join DVC like the rest of us morons who swore we never would. Taking your child on Tower of Terror the first time is worth $10,000.
456162DD-59AC-485F-BBA0-3331BA7A4C59.jpeg

6FEDFD96-8EB4-43B9-A61C-FD01F2A92FE9.jpeg

Last edited:

trainplane3

How much it’s changed for the better surprised even me.
Just gotta flip the switch on SM and I'll be 100% sold on a trip there.

Just be one.
Believe me I would if I could lol.
I've been noted as that person that has a Lego plane hanging over his cube, Lego calendar, and a small fleet of Star Trek ships.

- How do we find trainplane?
- Oh go to floor XX, hang a right out of the main hallway, and look for the Lego plane hanging from the ceiling.

Also being 7 years younger then the next youngest person on your team makes you seem like a kid no matter what.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom